Chase music for Killer needs to be turned down
I get why they have it loud, they want it to be difficult to pinpoint survivors that are out of your LOS, but it’s so loud that most chase themes are grating and distracting.
Turning down the chase music for both sides would be such a simple fix, it actually allows Killers to track using more than scratch marks and faint grunts, and allows survivors to listen for the killers sounds / footsteps. I don’t see why blaring the orchestra in your ears is still a thing in 2023.
Comments
Because otherwise there are no mindgames. I don't need to see you to know which direction did u go if I can hear you clearly - and I am sure of it, because to a lower precision I can already do that on spirit (and she has weaker noise when using ability). There are so many noises (from pro-killer's perspective: vault sound, drop to ground sound, drop pallet sound, footsteps, grass, breath, injury to name a few I remembered on top of my head, there's even longer list for survivor favoring sounds).
So overall if the game is too loud, then just lower the volume. Sounds were designed with loud chase noises in mind.
Eh, the spirit example isn’t a great one since chase music stops when you use your power specifically so you can hear them.
Yes it does. That's the reason why I can tell the difference (what would happen if they lowered volume of chase music) without problems. Also her ability still makes (much more quiet) noise, so you still can't use all the faint noises