A suggestion to deal with excessive slugging
I like the anti camping mechanic that was mentioned during the anniversary stream. I think something similar for slugging would be effective and fair. If the killer stays near a downed survivor for too long then a progress bar begins to fill that will eventually allow the downed survivor to pick themselves up. If the killer is a significant distance away then other survivors will need to pick the downed survivor up as usual. This will make the ability for survivors to pick themselves up conditional and discourage killers from leaving survivors on the ground for entire bleedouts. There can be another condition to deal with situations when other survivors do not go to pickup the downed survivor in a timely manner too. If the survivor is downed for more than a minute then they can fully recover on their own. The worst case scenario for the survivor in this case will be being left on the ground for up to a minute instead of having to deal with an entire bleedout regardless of the situation.
Comments
"There can be another condition to deal with situations when other survivors do not go to pickup the downed survivor in a timely manner too. If the survivor is downed for more than a minute then they can fully recover on their own."
I was on board until this point.
It's the other survivors job to pick them up. This would make leaving the teammate on the ground to slam gens the best play all the time.
Why save them? They'll just pick themselves up anyway and if the survivors are competent in chase lasting a minuet is not that hard. You're better off sticking your nose to a gen.
Put the anticamp mechanic on slugs sure. Assuming the mechanic goes well which is yet to be seen. Basekit UB no. The devs just said they have no plans for that.
It was just an extra thought I had to deal with the possibility of being completely ignored, which seems to happen often in this game both in the dying state and on the hook.
Yeah that definitely sucks when it happens.
Its also a tricky thing to address without negative side effects.
I believe that situation is mostly a product of the survivors not knowing who's doing what, so maybe giving survivors a chat wheel or something similar could help.
Something to help communication and teamplay. I think its silly that the survivors are supposed to be a team, yet they have no way to communicate with each other in the game itself.
I hesitate to suggest a free chat because the community can be quite... aggressive.
Survivor auras could also potentially work.
I understand your frustration, but unless going for hooks with every killer kit suddenly turns into a realistic prospect, you can't whittle away everything the killer can use to actually stop survivors.