PS4 Nightmare Edition with additional content should still be able to merge to PS5 without a voucher

The whole idea that you need a voucher for PS4 Nightmare Edition with additional content to be able to merge to PS5 is wrong. Why would someone buy 2 versions of the game just so they can only use certain characters on one version. The games should just completely merge regardless. I understand you not being able to purchase additional skins, but I can’t even get the character. I can’t even get the additional DLC for my PS5 (The Curtain Call Chapter, Shattered Bloodline Chapter, the Headcase Cosmetic Pack, etc.)

Comments

  • I do want to clarify I understand the licensing situation, but if you paid for it, you should be able to use it on either version.

  • also, if you disagree and are comfortable enough to share your answer I’d appreciate it! 😁 just trying to get a different pov

  • It's worth like $100+ now and you can't even merge it lmao

  • Those are my thoughts exactly. I’ve talked to support and they just send me the same copy and paste message every time. I even asked if I could at least merge the other DLC content that came with it so I don’t have to spend more money for characters that are available in-store. They said they would investigate it, still got the same copy and paste message. Basically telling me “there’s nothing they can do” 🤷🏻‍♂️