Match making pools
As far as I've understood, there are basically two matching making pools. Beginners and everyone else, due to soft cap. Wouldn't it make sense to have something in between? When I started playing this game it was the most fun game I've played for years. However, once I got better at it, I noticed that I keep getting matched with players who are on their second game ever and have no idea what to do.
Now that I have close to 700 hours in this team oriented game, it feels like skill doesn't matter at all since I'm gonna lose 4/5 games anyway, being matched with survivors with much much lower experience and game time. I get that players of different MMR has to be matched together some times to shorten queue times but lately it feels like I'm being matched with complete beginners pretty much every game.
I'd rather wait 15 minutes in queue than playing the game in its current state. Why is there such low diversity in match making, is it all in favor of shorter queue times? Or are there simply not enough players to support proper match making? All other games does it pretty well but with DBD it's super obvious that match making doesn't work at all.
Comments
The reason they don't have somewhere in between, at least from what I understand, is that people being matched based on their numbers was taking too long to find a game.
Personally I don't mind the waiting if it means I don't get matched with the sweatiest SWFs in the game despite losing a match 5 times in a row, but some people are less patient.
It is not 2 pools.
Players have numbers but these are often not pretty accurate of the skill level.
The system takes - or has to take - what is available which is in reality very inconsistent imo.
And even if you think you do - most players don´t want to wait 15 minutes. That would really hurt the game.
I really think Bhvr is trying that the system works but they just can´t.
Yeah but 0 progression also hurts the game. Won't matter if I become Otz himself, I'd still lose a vast majority of the games because I'm being matched with beginners. Idk... I guess I'll just uninstall eventually =(