I was blinded while looking all the way down. Bug or cheat?

I was playing Huntress and I began looking down as soon as I got pallet stunned with Enduring. My screen stopped moving down (meaning I was looking all the way down) BEFORE it started filling up brighter... And then it continued getting brighter... Then I was blinded.

Purple flashlight with the iri bulb and the event bulb.

Was this a cheater, a bug, or are survivor items just allowed to be that stupid broken??

Comments

  • theres this cool thing called crouching

  • @Shroompy said:

    theres this cool thing called crouching

    Okay... so "stupid broken." Got it.

  • @Nos37 said:

    I was playing Huntress and I began looking down as soon as I got pallet stunned with Enduring. My screen stopped moving down (meaning I was looking all the way down) BEFORE it started filling up brighter... And then it continued getting brighter... Then I was blinded.

    Purple flashlight with the iri bulb and the event bulb.

    Was this a cheater, a bug, or are survivor items just allowed to be that stupid broken??

    The locked in animation thing is often funny with the latency of this game. What goes on that you see on your tv is not what a surv sees, and that goes both ways. Those add-ons prolly aggravated the problem as well.

    It's also why a surv will be done vaulting a window, take two or three steps away in their view, and still be smacked by a lunging killer. While the killer sees the surv half way through the vaulting animation and look much closer to them in their view.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/376325/i-was-blinded-while-looking-all-the-way-down-bug-or-cheat

    The locked in animation thing is often funny with the latency of this game. What goes on that you see on your tv is not what a surv sees, and that goes both ways. Those add-ons prolly aggravated the problem as well.

    It's also why a surv will be done vaulting a window, take two or three steps away in their view, and still be smacked by a lunging killer. While the killer sees the surv half way through the vaulting animation and look much closer to them in their view.

    The add ons wouldnt of contributed at all since there aint any add ons that affect blind speed anymore

  • It was probably latency. It usually works in favor of the killer but sometimes survivors’ come out on top with it.

  • @Nos37 said:

    I was playing Huntress and I began looking down as soon as I got pallet stunned with Enduring. My screen stopped moving down (meaning I was looking all the way down) BEFORE it started filling up brighter... And then it continued getting brighter... Then I was blinded.

    Purple flashlight with the iri bulb and the event bulb.

    Was this a cheater, a bug, or are survivor items just allowed to be that stupid broken??

    -"Was this a cheater, a bug, or are survivor items just allowed to be that stupid broken??"

    When you are stunned at a pallet you can't look away fast enough if the survivor decides to blind you. It's really that simple.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/376325/i-was-blinded-while-looking-all-the-way-down-bug-or-cheat

    -"Was this a cheater, a bug, or are survivor items just allowed to be that stupid broken??"

    When you are stunned at a pallet you can't look away fast enough if the survivor decides to blind you. It's really that simple.

    With Enduring you can. At least, I've never been blinded at a pallet while using Enduring.

    If a survivor can reliably blind a Killer with Enduring, after dropping a pallet, this is the first I'm hearing about it.

  • Yesterday I was stunned by a flashbang despite looking all the way up. Latency might be the problem.

  • I’d chalk it up to wild inconsistency. Sometimes I’ll get flashlight stunned from 90% angles and sometimes I’ll have what seems like a perfect angle not stun me at all.

    🤷‍♂️