Tunneling

What has been going on recently. 99% of my games begin and someone gets tunneled out instantly and normally they have a mori. Ive never had so much of an issue with this before like what is going on? Mind you I play killer and survivor. I have never been so disgusted and tbh not want to play the game more in worry of running into people who kill right off hook or wait the bt out then insta down over and over. Quite honestly it ruins the fun of the game and the merit of having a fun hard faught game when the game is won instantly by tunneling.

Comments

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431055#Comment_3431055

    You totally nailed everything. If you let them live or they survive on their own, you get hate mail. If you kill them, same thing.

    I'm having the same problem as you as far as having ttv in the name, sometimes I feel like I am tunneled because of it...I have a really high Prestige Jane and if I play her, with the ttv name combo, it's insta tunnel.

    I don't have any lag problems, but what you said is pretty accurate..if it's not me getting tunneled out it's always someone ASAP. At this point I feel like..if you can't play killer, just don't...I don't consider camping/tunneling immediately and 3 gen'ing for 45 minutes "playing." Today I had a knight that didn't play the whole game..he had merciless storm and my teammates apparently couldn't do this to save their lives, but he never pursued chase..and I thought hmm weird. Until I realize it's because he was protecting a three gen. They couldn't outplay it. I was getting bored, he wasn't pursuing chase...just chasing off gens. After about 10 minutes, I just went to a hook and told him to hook me. Some of us have lives and don't wanna run around for 45 minutes so a knight can 4k from a game of nothing.

    Yeah, like I know what I said about how tunnelling and camping sucking because the killer is doing something that can be seen as universally douchy, a strategy to be sure, but a douchey one. But the moment survivors are doing well or the killer is playing fair, said survivors just have to rub it in the killer's face.

    I think I get tunnelled out because of the TTV name and because I like to play Meg and Mikaela (because memes are funny I guess), one of my other TTV friends teases me about it all the time (its all in good fun so I don't take it personally). Like at first, I thought it was just a coincidence but when I started playing more and watching other TTV's I noticed a pattern, killers (and sometimes teammates) would more often than not go out of their way to target the TTV. It sometimes feels like the whole "Ma! I'm on TV!" mentality, like they immediately turn off their brain and go for the streamer because reasons.

    I have to say I'm on the fence, like people start at different places when they play Killer some start off good, while others start off in bad. NLG when I first started playing Killer, I thought hitting folk on hook made them die faster I didn't know it was considered as a form of BM-ing, until someone asked me why I was doing it in the post-game when I explained myself. They were super understanding and gave me some pointers on how to improve and how to avoid BM-ing as a new player, like this is the side of DbD I really appreciate, the side that wants to help others get better at the game. But on the flipside, I also believe if you are so tilted from the previous match to just stop playing for the night because there's no point in bringing forward that kind of mental because you're not going to play well and you'll make everyone else miserable. (I am still learning this ofc)

    I have serious issues with The Knight on DDS, especially how he can easily camp the three gen from the top of the Saloon, the one on the gallows and the one that spawns in between them. I was stuck in a 30 min war of attrition game against a Knight, because he just kept using his guards to patrol that 3 gen, like to be fair to him, we did 3 gen ourselves. But it still didn't excuse the way he just camped those gens and refused to leave them, he woulnd't chase beyond the main street so we just kept going back to our boon (before the CoH changes) and healing and trying again, until we just gave up and let him hook us.

    Also similar thing happened on GoJ with artist, she garded a 3-gen from the start of the game and just slowly whittled us down, all the while not chasing far from her precious 3-gen.

  • @Eelanos said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431018#Comment_3431018

    No, the other user was right.

    It doesn't matter if BBQ gives +5000% bloodpoints and pain res has a 100% gen regression, only buffing those will run into the problem that people will still camp and tunnel if they don't have those perks yet, or if they want to ruin someone's day, and people will also complain about the game being unwinnable unless you run the same 3 perks.

    What the game needs is severe protection for the unhooked survivor and protection against camping, while also baseline buffing players that spread hooks.

    The game should basically be lost for the killer if they decide not to engage in fair gameplay. Camping and tunneling should be such egregiously bad strategies no one used them, while spreading hooks should get you closer to winning than it does now.

    The problem is, this game is particularly bad about fixing these issues, as instead of releasing a proper fix, they're prone to release "band-aid" perks that you obviously can't fit into your build.

    "What the game needs is severe protection for the unhooked survivor and protection against camping, while also baseline buffing players that spread hooks.The game should basically be lost for the killer if they decide not to engage in fair gameplay. Camping and tunneling should be such egregiously bad strategies no one used them, while spreading hooks should get you closer to winning than it does now."

    saw this after the dev stream lolol

  • @BrightWolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431529#Comment_3431529

    lmao, it is XD, just slightly different spelling: https://www.twitch.tv/brightwulph . I haven't streamed in over two months though because of irl work conflicts, but I have some time off coming up soon so I can definitely do some streaming soon.

    Gave you a follow!

  • @BrightWolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3431527#Comment_3431527

    Yeah, like I know what I said about how tunnelling and camping sucking because the killer is doing something that can be seen as universally douchy, a strategy to be sure, but a douchey one. But the moment survivors are doing well or the killer is playing fair, said survivors just have to rub it in the killer's face.

    I think I get tunnelled out because of the TTV name and because I like to play Meg and Mikaela (because memes are funny I guess), one of my other TTV friends teases me about it all the time (its all in good fun so I don't take it personally). Like at first, I thought it was just a coincidence but when I started playing more and watching other TTV's I noticed a pattern, killers (and sometimes teammates) would more often than not go out of their way to target the TTV. It sometimes feels like the whole "Ma! I'm on TV!" mentality, like they immediately turn off their brain and go for the streamer because reasons.

    I have to say I'm on the fence, like people start at different places when they play Killer some start off good, while others start off in bad. NLG when I first started playing Killer, I thought hitting folk on hook made them die faster I didn't know it was considered as a form of BM-ing, until someone asked me why I was doing it in the post-game when I explained myself. They were super understanding and gave me some pointers on how to improve and how to avoid BM-ing as a new player, like this is the side of DbD I really appreciate, the side that wants to help others get better at the game. But on the flipside, I also believe if you are so tilted from the previous match to just stop playing for the night because there's no point in bringing forward that kind of mental because you're not going to play well and you'll make everyone else miserable. (I am still learning this ofc)

    I have serious issues with The Knight on DDS, especially how he can easily camp the three gen from the top of the Saloon, the one on the gallows and the one that spawns in between them. I was stuck in a 30 min war of attrition game against a Knight, because he just kept using his guards to patrol that 3 gen, like to be fair to him, we did 3 gen ourselves. But it still didn't excuse the way he just camped those gens and refused to leave them, he woulnd't chase beyond the main street so we just kept going back to our boon (before the CoH changes) and healing and trying again, until we just gave up and let him hook us.

    Also similar thing happened on GoJ with artist, she garded a 3-gen from the start of the game and just slowly whittled us down, all the while not chasing far from her precious 3-gen.

    Hahaha that's so adorable...I remember a similar thing happening to my boyfriend when he first started (which was before me, so I had no clue)..he was like..they keep sending me messages and saying i'm "camping them," but if I supposed to kill them..why would i leave when they're on the hook?! We laugh about it now haha

    The 3 gen stuff is getting so tiresome...I had a knight AFK yesterday...so I thought, I realized he was ignoring us the entire match to have a solid, tight 3 gen and only started playing when anyone was near any of them. So all gens, but 1 got done..he wouldn't even keep chase..he would only chase off of gens and then go back to his 3. After 10 minutes of this, I went to a hook and just pointed. I'm all good with wasting that much of my time.

  • @Monlyth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3430965#Comment_3430965

    The thing is, DbD is a game of snowballing. Give your opponent any momentum, and it can very easily spiral out of control.

    Case in point, I was playing an Artist game where I got two hooks at once, at 4 gens. And with the help of proxy camping, I ended up getting both of them on death hook before long, and they still needed to save both of them.

    At this point, the game was in the bag for me if I didn't let up on them and continued proxy camping. But instead, I was feeling merciful and chose to chase a Survivor that was clearly trying to bait me away from the hooks. I let them unhook and reset, and continued chasing this Survivor through a tile that would take forever for me to catch them in.

    That decision cost me the entire game. All the gens popped in short order, and I wound up with zero kills thanks in part to Adrenaline.

    So, yeah. Give your opponent an inch, and they can take a mile.

    Totally feel this! And you're so right! If you have any remorse, or make one wrong decision..it can ruin an entire match!

    I've done stuff like this too and regretted it. The one survivor you think you're a baby or going to hard on, so you back off and they become the biggest problem and you end up with a 0k as a result. It's all so frustrating. There's really no winning it seems, even when you win.

  • @MeanieDeeny said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3432413#Comment_3432413

    Hahaha that's so adorable...I remember a similar thing happening to my boyfriend when he first started (which was before me, so I had no clue)..he was like..they keep sending me messages and saying i'm "camping them," but if I supposed to kill them..why would i leave when they're on the hook?! We laugh about it now haha

    The 3 gen stuff is getting so tiresome...I had a knight AFK yesterday...so I thought, I realized he was ignoring us the entire match to have a solid, tight 3 gen and only started playing when anyone was near any of them. So all gens, but 1 got done..he wouldn't even keep chase..he would only chase off of gens and then go back to his 3. After 10 minutes of this, I went to a hook and just pointed. I'm all good with wasting that much of my time.

    Thanks for the follow! :D. But yeah, it was kinda cute, something to look back and laugh at now that I know better. I know people like to rag on tunnelling, camping, 3-genning, BM-ing, DC-ing and all that jazz, ofc within good reason. It's also healthy to give them the benefit of the doubt, like maybe they're new or perhaps they've got shoddy internet or some IRL drama is happening in the background (in the cases of DC's) like you never just know so don't make assumptions. It's also ok to be angry in the moment type stuff as well, because someone isn't playing optimally or fairly, like with guarding a 3-gens.

    I do agree that 3-genning has gotten out of hand, like again it's a valid strategy if the survivors do it to themselves by accident. However, to go out of your way and secure a 3-gen at the start of the game, essentially cutting it in half then getting angry when survivors DC or "throw" you only have yourself to blame and are not a very good killer player. Not everyone can play the game for 20+ minutes, hell I've seen some SM matches and Knight matches hold the 3-gen until the server times out, like how is that fun?

  • @BrightWolf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3433180#Comment_3433180

    Thanks for the follow! :D. But yeah, it was kinda cute, something to look back and laugh at now that I know better. I know people like to rag on tunnelling, camping, 3-genning, BM-ing, DC-ing and all that jazz, ofc within good reason. It's also healthy to give them the benefit of the doubt, like maybe they're new or perhaps they've got shoddy internet or some IRL drama is happening in the background (in the cases of DC's) like you never just know so don't make assumptions. It's also ok to be angry in the moment type stuff as well, because someone isn't playing optimally or fairly, like with guarding a 3-gens.

    I do agree that 3-genning has gotten out of hand, like again it's a valid strategy if the survivors do it to themselves by accident. However, to go out of your way and secure a 3-gen at the start of the game, essentially cutting it in half then getting angry when survivors DC or "throw" you only have yourself to blame and are not a very good killer player. Not everyone can play the game for 20+ minutes, hell I've seen some SM matches and Knight matches hold the 3-gen until the server times out, like how is that fun?

    I totally agree!


    That's insane, I didnt even know you could hold it so long the server times out! That's some determination, I would leave the match wayyy before then!

  • Can confirm, as killer 99% of my games I have tunneled.

    I tried not to one time, but this guy on his last hook tried to body block me after having just came off the hook. He didn't have off the record, so I counted to 12, hit him, downed him and removed him from the game. Oh well! I tried.

1 2 ›