Is MMR ever going to work?

I got a friend that is new to the game, he is trying to learn killer, and I was watching him play yesterday, he was getting nothing but experienced survivors and bully squads. He kept getting saboed and flashlight saves like it was nothing. I have been survivor main for years now, and he just kept getting matched against survivors on my level of experience. That is not the kind of team a new killer should be matched against, is completely ridiculous and unfair. He just straight up gave up on the game cause is just not fun to play.

Comments

  • Probably not.

    It matches what is there in your region and time. Maybe it is not the systems fault, it just can´t.

  • It definitely works in the sense that you have a number that adjusts over time. But matchmaking completely gives up and throws you into the first available game if you have a queue longer than 0.000001 seconds.

  • Hm... first you should be matched with beginners. Is it possible he was playing late in the evening? Which is typical of SWF groups.

  • @sluc16 said:

    I got a friend that is new to the game, he is trying to learn killer, and I was watching him play yesterday, he was getting nothing but experienced survivors and bully squads. He kept getting saboed and flashlight saves like it was nothing. I have been survivor main for years now, and he just kept getting matched against survivors on my level of experience. That is not the kind of team a new killer should be matched against, is completely ridiculous and unfair. He just straight up gave up on the game cause is just not fun to play.

    Time he plays can be a strong factor as the game will try to match you up with folks around similar MMR, but if it can't find a group of survivors that fit the bill you just get whoever is in queue. If a group happens to be a full stack swf that has been in queue for longer than the game would like they are likely to get dumped on you to deal with for a game

  • Sadly if a group of survs have been dodged repeatedly and/or been waiting for too long the matchmaking often just grabs the first available killer regardless of their MMR.

    The custom bots can be useful for new killers. Not the same I know, but less brutal certainly.