Unpopular Opinion: "You Cant Buff This Because It Promotes Camping" Is Dumb
I personally think people need to accept that for everything that's in DBD, there is bound to be something that someone doesnt like.
For some people, they really do not like camping, and it's understandable as to why, nobody wants to sit there and do nothing... for both Survivor and Killer.
However, I think we need to put our big boy/girl/person pants on and have this discussion.
I remember a few months back, people were talking about how a "Trapper Sack (Addon) Basekit" suggestion someone posted would promote camping, and for awhile it sparked discussion... this was back when Trapper got their rework... that felt a long time ago, dang.
Anyways, a common sentiment was "this will promote basement camping" but I really feel like people forget that basement to begin with is already a strong area to camp. Most killers that camp the top of the stairs can for a one for one, and with many Killers with certain perks and addons can already defend basement with ease.
I just find it weird how people do not like the idea of buffing something, that is bad, because it "rewards camping" when the game already has a ton of things that reward camping. Plus, if camping is the "issue" here, and the one thing holding characters back from being buffed, then why not just, ya know, "fix" camping itself?
I feel like people really beat around the bush with this since people would rather fix everything around the issue instead of solving the issue itself.
Comments
Its because when you buff something, the optimal gameplay will become stronger. A great example is kicking gens in dbd. Kicking gen in DBD is very unrewarding as 4x slower regression is almost meaningless when you go around kicking gens map-wide. When regression of kicking gens increased, It did not promote kicking more gens and moving around the map. It promoted stays in 1 spot and 3 gen with extra regression rewards.
Its kinda same idea with trapper. Trapper is camper. He wins by camping therefore buffing him will improve his camping play-style to win.
It's almost like camping is one of the balancing lynch-pins that's keeping a lot of other issues from being resolved.