The animations on killers with short weapons needs work

It looks and feels awful to get hit from 2-3 feet away because every killer has the same lunge distance but not the same lunge animation.

Wesker, Skull Merchant, Freddy, etc. all swing like a foot in front of them but hit like 5 feet in front of them. Why not just make them physically lunge further to compensate?

Comments

  • Forcing certain killers to be closer to a survivor is a nerf, because it’s much harder to hit a survivor the closer you are to them, especially if the survivor is turning faster than the intended turn rate.

  • They do physically lunge further in their animation.

    Survivors used to whine that Freddy had a longer lunge than everyone else because he had to move more to cover the same 5 foot lunge, unlike someone like Trapper.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    Forcing certain killers to be closer to a survivor is a nerf, because it’s much harder to hit a survivor the closer you are to them, especially if the survivor is turning faster than the intended turn rate.

    Just my personal experience but I’ve always found it easier to hit survivors when I’m closer to them and don’t have to lunge

  • @Nebula said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3423494#Comment_3423494

    Just my personal experience but I’ve always found it easier to hit survivors when I’m closer to them and don’t have to lunge

    You must be lucky enough to get zero survivors that try to 360 out of the killer's garbage FoV, and force the killer to quickly spin their camera in a desperate attempt to find out where they went.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3423793#Comment_3423793

    You must be lucky enough to get zero survivors that try to 360 out of the killer's garbage FoV, and force the killer to quickly spin their camera in a desperate attempt to find out where they went.

    I play with shadowborne every game so that’s definitely why