What Happened

I miss the days when this game used to be slightly balanced and fun. These days, this game is just a toxic mess. I am pretty sure that the developers only listen to the suggestions from high-level twitch streamers. The only way playing survivor is passable is when it is a full team and it may come as a sucrose, but there are a lot of people that only play alone or with one other person. The developers actively incentivize toxic play on both sides, which is killing their own game. I laugh when I see that people running out and not being able to run the killer score more points than the people working on the objectives. I have not and will not spend a cent on this game in a long time.

Comments

  • I mean the gens are flying and getting done faster than ever. There are no good gen regression perks anymore while the maps are still horribly designed and all the gen speed boosting perks and items were left untouched and even buffed. Not sure how you can't get the gens done and escape

  • True, but as I said it does not work like that if you solo que. One troll survivor can tank a game. I also said both sides soooo I was not just defending survivors

  • @TiredofHackers said:

    True, but as I said it does not work like that if you solo que. One troll survivor can tank a game. I also said both sides soooo I was not just defending survivors

    I mean that's the thing, you can never balance around players who don't play atleast somewhat to win. That's the problem with solo queue, there's someone DCing, rage quit, opening justs or just hiding. I can't imagine how hard the game is to balance from stats when looking at how many players are trolling.

  • There's no gen regression perks left, the maps are all ridiculously safe and gigantic, there's a HUD telling you exactly what other people are doing, when you can go for the doors, when you can time an adrenaline proc, there's a heart that will tell you exactly when the terror radius starts, the survivors get notified whenever a killer perk is active. What more should BHVR do to coddle and handhold the guy that rage quits when Trapper or Pig downs him immediately on Borgo without making the game ludicrously unbalanced like it used to be?

  • @TiredofHackers said:

    True, but as I said it does not work like that if you solo que. One troll survivor can tank a game. I also said both sides soooo I was not just defending survivors

    Tbh if you got 1 troll survivor your game SHOULD tank as its 1 of 4 pillars to escaping.

  • Yea, the trolling generates the toxicity. I been seeing a lot of taunting from killer and survivor. I think I have had 4 games tonight with someone disconnecting or killing themselves on the hook right away.

  • Well, I still enjoy this game, but something should be done about gen speed perks. If devs want to bring a chase meta they shouldn't just nerf killer's regression perks - now it's even more important to patrol gens cause the pop like crazy if you leave them.

  • Gen regression and MMR, too. I have a 4K with Hag then I have a match next where 4 gens are done by the time I catch and hook the first survivor.

  • Regarding toxicity, for me it's less BHVR promoting it than they're not trying to prevent it. Since it mostly is to do with endgame chat I am still unsure why they have not either a) removed endgame chat or b) extended the amount of things someone can be punished for. If someone is clearly derrogatory in endgame chat in any way it should be reportable. It should be much harsher.

    However, the comment of "promoting" I don't agree with, because foor me the promoting of toxic attitudes is not to do with them but the playerbase and in particular certain streamers who live off it. There are good streamers out there who call this out, but again the attention is on those guys. It's about either being those guys or provoking those guys. This is all to do with the players and some streamers/influencers and not to do with BHVR in any way, other than they perhaps acting quicker on these creeps when they're reported.

    Players have to take a major portion of the blame with toxicity.

  • @Veinslay said:

    I mean the gens are flying and getting done faster than ever. There are no good gen regression perks anymore while the maps are still horribly designed and all the gen speed boosting perks and items were left untouched and even buffed. Not sure how you can't get the gens done and escape

    And I mean Survivors are dying faster than ever since all of their "second chances" were taken away making camping and tunneling more effective. S tier killers have been basically untouched and several killers still have broken add ons. Not sure how you cant get 4k's with all that