I wouldn’t say I am a fan per se. But I am interested!
the first film is a big part of the horror genre and deserves a place in the hall of fame of horror! I even kinda enjoyed the second film somewhat despite its obvious flaws. And I think there was a video game that was okay? I just read about it though.
also I made a killer concept on the Blair Witch as well! Would be interesting to see if there are similar - or vastly differing - ideas between our concepts?
This Killer Concept is based on my (loose) memory of the film the Blair Witch Project and Blair Witch 2. I have not seen the 2016 movie but read a summary of the plot. I know that my power concept may be partly countered by SWF but I tried to play around this.
Appearance:
Tricky since afaik she is never seen in her movies. But I think there is an official video game that kind of depicts her. It would also be cool to have her be a shadowy/foggy figure without a defined face and all, but enough to depict her as humanoid..
Power: Possession
The Blair Witch can make herself be completely invisible, while in this form, a normal attack does not injure a survivor but possess him. Turning back to normal form from invisible will take some seconds and you will not be able to attack immediately (as to not be used as a better wraith).
When you possess a survivor you get to control his character, you can perform basic survivor actions (repairing, vaulting, searching chests, etc but not unhooking, unsure about healing, repairing will regress the gen slightly instead of really repairing) but mainly you can attack other survivors. You will have the undetectable status effect while possessing a survivor. Your crouching is normal walking speed, normal walking is 4m/s or 100% speed and sprinting will be 115% movement speed. Vaulting will always be slow vault speed. You can’t end the possession at will.
When you are possessed as survivor you will not notice it on first glance. You will be in a sort of parallel/Halluzination world. Repairing can be done but if you finish a gen it will not be counted as a finished gen and can be repaired again. You can’t open exit gates. Searching through chests will open the chest without revealing an item. You can see other survivors doing what they are doing in the real world. You can find humanoid stick figures (4 total) and destroy them. After the first one is destroyed, another random one will be revealed to you per aura. (They can be placed where jigsaw boxes/plague fountains/alarm clocks are placed). Destroying every figure will end the possession, you are placed where your possessed body was and the witch will be placed where you were when ending possession.
The last survivor alive cannot be possessed. If a survivor is possessed while the second to last dies he has a remaining time to destroy all figured to end possession. Works kind of like end game collapse, you will be snacked by Entity if you can’t escape possession. The hatch is also available while possessed.
Perk 1: Don’t look
While the totem is active, a survivor will be exposed after looking directly at the killer for x/y/z seconds, the effect will remain 3 seconds after looking away from killer. (Reuse Ghostface revealing mechanic, looking away and immediately to the killer will not interrupt the duration; this is supposed to change the normal chase where survivors pretty much always watch behind what the killer is doing; depending on balance)
Perk 2: Hex: Mark of the Witch
You are obsessed with a survivor. While the totem is active the obsession will see your aura while looking in your direction. You can kill the obsession when in dying state after they stun you 4/3/2 times. (Kind of an anti-OoO Perk, since they will not know the aura comes from this Hex; if you don’t use OoO and see the killer search for totem or avoid stuns!)
Perk 3: Hallucinations
Survivors have a slightly/moderate/tremendous chance of perceiving hallucinations of other killers such as: Hearing sounds (Wraith bell, Billy’s/bubbas chainsaw), seeing props (Pigs Jigsaw boxes, Plagues fountains) and traps (Trappers traps, Hags marks) and others (Doctors illusions, Demos portals). Moving towards it will make them disappear.
my other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):
I wouldn’t say I am a fan per se. But I am interested!
the first film is a big part of the horror genre and deserves a place in the hall of fame of horror! I even kinda enjoyed the second film somewhat despite its obvious flaws. And I think there was a video game that was okay? I just read about it though.
also I made a killer concept on the Blair Witch as well! Would be interesting to see if there are similar - or vastly differing - ideas between our concepts?
I must've made a post like this before because I swear I've read that same concept before, but yeah, that's interesting! While I'm still working on mine, I have a feeling it will be drastically different from what you did. Not saying it's bad, but I really dug deep into the roots of the lore and my approach has a big contrast to yours.
I must've made a post like this before because I swear I've read that same concept before, but yeah, that's interesting! While I'm still working on mine, I have a feeling it will be drastically different from what you did. Not saying it's bad, but I really dug deep into the roots of the lore and my approach has a big contrast to yours.
Oh I hope so, I really made it just up mostly out of memory of the first two movies and didn’t really inform myself. Looking forward to see another take on a Blair Witch chapter
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I wouldn’t say I am a fan per se. But I am interested!
the first film is a big part of the horror genre and deserves a place in the hall of fame of horror! I even kinda enjoyed the second film somewhat despite its obvious flaws. And I think there was a video game that was okay? I just read about it though.
also I made a killer concept on the Blair Witch as well! Would be interesting to see if there are similar - or vastly differing - ideas between our concepts?
I must've made a post like this before because I swear I've read that same concept before, but yeah, that's interesting! While I'm still working on mine, I have a feeling it will be drastically different from what you did. Not saying it's bad, but I really dug deep into the roots of the lore and my approach has a big contrast to yours.
Oh I hope so, I really made it just up mostly out of memory of the first two movies and didn’t really inform myself. Looking forward to see another take on a Blair Witch chapter