The Anniversary Is Cool And All...
But I wonder if we are ever going to get the Scorching Summer BBQ event ever again?
I really miss the Margaretta Machines (Generators) and the Grill Hooks, and the whole event was not only fun but it felt really cool. And with BHVR making more sweeping map changes with certain events (Christmas, Halloween, Anniversary), I wonder if we will ever get this again.
Comments
I wouldnt mind it, but honestly I dont think it was that great. It was how ever the very last event where the music could still be heard while searching for a match, unlike now where the killer/survivor theme(s) take over.
I think the reason why people think so highly of it, is the time it came out. Tones of issues were being fixed and major balance changes as well. The game was just moving in a healthier direction and a good chunk of the community was very happy.
What reinforces this belief even more is the Withering Blight which was the exact same gameplay wise. This event was even more lackluster than the Eternal Blight (BY FAR one of the worst events in terms of community reception, when the only difference between it and its predecessor, were the halloween add ons) but still didnt have many complaints because we were getting good changes. Eternal Blight was in the dead center of one of DbD's dark ages, which definitely didnt help.
One of the most overrated events imo, it always felt like a copy and paste of the Howling Grounds event which i enjoyed way more.
Definitely overrated, but I really loved the way the Generators and Hooks looked.
Sadly probably not. Honestly they could just add them for a couple of weeks post anniversary mid chapter. The gens and hooks looked cool and a bp event is always nice.
I'd like to see it return for sure. It was actually going on when I first played DBD through my PS+ Subscription so I have a lot of nostalgia for the event. The slushie machine generators looked really cool and added some much appreciated color to the game.