terror radius perks are absolutely useless

unnerving presence benefits survivors keep giving them great skill checks for gens and bonus progression

septic touch is nonexistent

distressing is so trash why even exist?

overwhelming presence is underwhelming

dissolution

remove these perks or buff them

Comments

  • The doctor loves distressing, as his ability is tied to his terror radius, and with that, he also loves startstruck, which also is.

    several of this perks are good on doctor, taking them away would make him far worse.

  • I love Distressing on Wesker. People scared of a little terror radius won't be on gens. Too busy Urban Evading and hiding.

  • @fisticuffs said:

    unnerving presence benefits survivors keep giving them great skill checks for gens and bonus progression

    septic touch is nonexistent

    distressing is so trash why even exist?

    overwhelming presence is underwhelming

    dissolution

    remove these perks or buff them

    Doesn't the infamous Impossible skill check Doctor need Overwhelming Presence?

  • @SuperMunchkin95 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/374459/terror-radius-perks-are-absolutely-useless

    Doesn't the infamous Impossible skill check Doctor need Overwhelming Presence?

    No, what he needs is 2 purple and yellow calm addons, distressing, coulrophobia, unnerving presence and merciless storm/hex huntress lullaby.

  • Distressing a niche perk that is meant to benefit powers that work off the terror radius (like the Doctor's, and I believe also Legion's?), and to help bolster other terror radius based perks; it only seems trash because you don't play Doctor and you think all the other terror radius perks are trash. It doesn't shine on its own, and I'm of the opinion that's okay.

    Dissolution also isn't actually bad, though I do think it should have a flat distance requirement instead of a terror radius requirement. It's not the most powerful perk in the game but you'll notice it.

    Assuming we're talking about perks that have an affect on survivors inside the terror radius, there's also Starstruck, which you didn't mention, as well as Infectious Fright. Those are good perks, I don't think many would disagree there. Coulrophobia is also okay at its job.

    I think the problem is more that a handful of perks - the Presence perks and Septic Touch, mostly - are kind of bad, but the problems lay far more with those three specific perk designs rather than 'terror radius perks'.