Visual Terror Radius is a major buff

This thing is basically a better Spine Chill. You know the split second the Killer’s Terror Radius appears. People keep saying it’s not a buff. Seriously no one else listens to stuff in the background, gets distracted, or has a distant terror radius drowned out by other sounds?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3417547#Comment_3417547

    Sounds good, can we make it so you can turn down chase music now? Or is sound only important for survivor?

    I thought the chase music was so survivors didn’t hear the killer’s footsteps and stuff? So it was like harder to know how where exactly they are if you’re in a loop/by walls.

  • @Sandt21 said:

    I do think that the lullaby radius shows that Trickster and Sadako need to lose their lullabys. I don't understand the need for Trickster to have one. As for Sadoko, her having a lullaby, visual or audio, completely defeats the entire purpose of being a stealth killer. If they know you're in the area, stealth is no longer a thing

    Trickster lullaby is only slightly bigger than his TR that it doesn't make a big different most of the time. The only thing it really does is prevent him from taking advantage of undetectable or oblivious.

  • @clowninabout said:

    Pretending that other players are complaining about accessibility regarding this issue is frankly disrespectful. I personally have no issue with the accessibility side of it and I think it was an innovative way of introducing it.

    Unfortunately the vast majority of survivors are now using this as a free budget spine chill. The game has background noise for a reason, I'm sure barrel fires sounding like footsteps is intentional. The vtr bypasses all of that. Sadly a well intentioned feature from the devs is being abused in a way that was unintended.

    Now I will say that I have no hard numbers but when I've played survivor recently and spectated, nearly every other survivor is using it. If you watch any streamers nearly all of them use it, including the hallowed otz and hens for example. Saying your sound set up is sooo bad that you need it is disingenious, I play killer on console often without headphones, just the basic tv sound and it is okay.

    Also just to reiterate, I like the feature and think it was a good thing by bhvr and I'm all for increased accessibility.

    Perhaps equipping it could lower volume of the actual terror radius in game, this wouldn't be much of an issue for genuine hard of hearing players if they're the new vtr as intended.

    Visual terror radius is a personal setting like colorblind options, you can't see who is using it in game when you spectate. If you use the visual terror radius as survivor and then spectate other survivors it still shows the visual terror radius even if they aren't using it. I have it turned on due to hearing loss, my swf teammate does not have it turned on. If I spectate it shows a visual terror radius on all survivors, including my swf teammate. It would be like turning on colorblind options, you'll see the same colorblind options while spectating because it's your personal setting.

  • I personally do not have any hearing impediment but since it makes sadako stealth useless and doesn't let dredge surprise me that much, I activated it, idk why I would reject some extra help.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    This thing is basically a better Spine Chill. You know the split second the Killer’s Terror Radius appears. People keep saying it’s not a buff. Seriously no one else listens to stuff in the background, gets distracted, or has a distant terror radius drowned out by other sounds?

    I think you're really making it out to be much more than it is.

    When I play survivor, I do play with it...I have a one year old daughter that sleeps w me, so when I play at night it's easier to keep everything really low and use the visual terror radius, and I will say..while convenient and appreciated, I don't think it's easier.

    When you're using a headset or otherwise, you have more of an idea of where the killer is coming from..with VTR, you know the killer is near, but you really don't have a clue where they are approaching from.

    It has it's pros and cons. I'm a killer main, and I couldn't imagine being upset at people for using this.

  • I think the repeated unnecessary comments towards others commenting, as well as comments about hearing impairment, are to a point to lock this thread here.

    Please remember accessibility is important, and great when it can be implemented in any game. Also, hearing problems and impairments do run the gamut; its not just total hearing loss, and the visual terror radius allows people to choose the settings that work best for them. Also, the VTR is nice for those that may be playing in more noisy environments or where they need volume lower, and I personally have a friend that loves Dead by Daylight, but gets severe anxiety from the heartbeat of the standard Terror Radius, and stopped playing because of it.

    People deserve to play video games if they want to, and accessability settings like Colorblind Mode, Wiggles that are easier to manage for those with dexterity issues, and a visual terror radius, are a great advancement in technology to make that happen for those that may not have been able to before.

1 2 ›