Can you ban / Can we report those Chinese spam bots on this forum?

I translated their crazy posts, and they're all about advertising on cheap online degrees at a Chinese university. I don't see a way to report other users on their profile.

Can you guys implement a captcha or something that'll clean up this mess?

Comments

  • Flag the posts themselves for spam, but don't do too many because they count as discussions and ironically you'll get an antispam message/block making you wait between posts.
  • yes please> @tempest said:

    I translated their crazy posts, and they're all about advertising on cheap online degrees at a Chinese university. I don't see a way to report other users on their profile.

    Can you guys implement a captcha or something that'll clean up this mess?

    yes please

  • Flag one comment per spam bot account and no more.

  • @Orion said:
    Flag one comment per spam bot account and no more.

    ^This since once enough people do it the account becomes flagged quicker and as @RuneStarr pointed out you'll get spam blocked if you do 3 within too quick a time.

  • @tempest said:
    I translated their crazy posts, and they're all about advertising on cheap online degrees at a Chinese university. I don't see a way to report other users on their profile.

    Can you guys implement a captcha or something that'll clean up this mess?

    No captcha, thx

  • I hate Captcha!
    I can't really see anyone reading/following/doing whatever they are spamming anyway, make you wonder what the point is!

  • @Arsoul said:
    I hate Captcha!
    I can't really see anyone reading/following/doing whatever they are spamming anyway, make you wonder what the point is!

    You should, I already obtained 8 degrees from those Chinese universities and it only took me 15 minutes and $8 USD to get them. I am now edgumcated.

  • Another issue is people keep replying to some of the posts as well, trying to "tag" mods but all it does is keep them at he top of the forums.