Im Not Sure If Im The Only Person Who Has This Issue
I really do not know what has been happening with me lately, but it feels like I cannot loop as Survivor.
I have been playing a lot of Killer lately, mostly Ghostface. And when I go to play Survivor, it's just like my brain is unable to function properly now and Im really struggling to make decisions that should be easy. I go down in loops that would be fairly safe, and my reaction time has gotten slower it seems.
I only have this issue when playing Survivor as well.
Playing Killer is just perfectly fine for me, everything just seems to click, but it's only when I play Survivor that I have this issue.
Ive also just been having issues with anxiety, I find myself just playing Survivor a bit less than before since Im worried about disappointing my team. I often just SWF instead of SoloQ now because I know my friends are nice enough to tolerate anything stupid I do, mainly since we are just playing for fun. But with DBD slowly become more competitive (I feel), I feel more pressured to perform well when years ago I wasnt.
Im not saying that Survivor isnt fun, but moreso that things feel more complicated for me than before, and I just overall feel more anxious.
Comments
killer is just in a better place than survivor currently.
A big tip for looping is to slow down. It sounds counterintuitive, but you aren't running to out-pace the killer. You're pathing to make it to the next safe checkpoint. Focus on your camera positioning and check spots at each tile. Also use process of elimination when you lose sight of the killer. You can often extrapolate the mindgame through what you can see vs what you can't see. If you can see through two sight lines in one direction and know for certain they didn't cross, you know it's a red stain mindgame coming the other way and you can start to cheat in the other direction.
Maybe your anxiety is stopping you from thinking clearly which is hurting your chase which then fuels your anxiety more. You should just try your best in chase and not worry if you have short ones.
Another possible problem is your skill as Killer has far outpaced your skill as Survivor. That means you make moves that would work against you as Killer, but it is too brilliant so it rolls over into stupid against lower skilled Killers.
This also happens sometimes.
Half the time I expect people to mind-game certain loops but just mind-game myself because they just walk through everything and never mind-game.
But I think this has happened to everyone at one point, where your expectations are vastly different from what will actually happen.
I certainly don't think that you're the only one. Even some of the biggest survivor streamers have a couple of warm-up games or run into walls mid-looping or miss-time things. I mean you're only human. Practise makes perfect, which you clearly have a lot of as killer, so it shouldn't be surprising if the same applies to you when playing survivor.
I find I perform best as Survivor when I play reactive rather than proactive.
The matchmaker seems rather unreliable lately, which makes it quite difficult to anticipate if I'll be playing against Killers who respect pallets or just swing right thru them. Latency be damned, I've stopped trying to anticipate the Killers' next move, and make all of my decisions as late as possible.
Sounds like you're just rusty. With anything in life, when you stop practicing for awhile, you will lose some of your ability. That's just human nature. But don't worry, just practice more and you can gain it back :)