Potential Energy is Weirdiest Perk Ever I Saw
I was not around for a while, so i skipped some chapters. Now i back to game and bought chapters i miss. So hello pals, if anyone remembers me tho.
Vittorio is very cool character, i liked his appearance. I think his perks are okish but Potential Energy is weird one. I am not sure it is good or not. You are building BNP if i am not wrong but it is costs you very good time. You would progress generator more without it.
So actually what is this perk doing? Can anyone light me?
Comments
The idea is that for a slight efficiency cost, you can transfer repair progress from 1 gen to another gen. This can be useful for breaking a 3 gen assuming there's another gen around.
For example, let's say you are about to finish a gen and the killer is busying chasing another survivor. You can repair that gen for another 30 seconds using Potential Energy and then immediately add 20 charges to the next gen you work on afterwards.
I doubt it is good for breaking 3 gen because you are losing all tokens when you get hit. I think it is pretty useless perk at moment but i understood idea of behind it.
The biggest issue the perk suffers is that gen regression on live is so strong so the 20% doesn't really do a lot. With the upcoming mid chapter nuking CoB and Overcharge and making Pain Res much more limited in uses, that 20% boost will accomplish a lot more.
And that worries me if BHVR continues the trend of going after Regression but not looking at Toolboxes, BNP, or Progress perks.
The feeling of Gens going to fast will get worse without any decent regression perks.
After med-kit nerfs, next survivor nerfs will target probably toolboxes, SB and some surv progress perks. Honestly most of progress perks are garbage. So most likely PT and Resilience will be nerfed
It's meant to be used to combat 3 gens, but it's not very good and with how quickly the CoB Overcharge combo regresses generators it doesn't really end up helping you overall.
And next patch CoB and Overcharge are getting nerfed so 3 gens won't be nearly as oppressive anymore anyways meaning PE is mostly irrelevant.
Also, welcome back!