The New Player-Experience

I think DBD really needs to do something to help new players actually get into the game easier. Ive seen some suggestions from players that I think could work for helping new players have a better experience:

  • Weekly DLC: Each week, a new set of DLC is made available for free, if they have not purchased the DLC, they will only have access to the characters for that time (cannot purchase cosmetics; Rift cosmetics are obtained after purchasing the DLC), this lets people try out different characters and perks they might not have access to, so they can better plan what characters they want to buy.
  • New Account Benefits: New accounts will receive a boost to the amount of Bloodpoints and Iridescent Shards they earn for a full week after purchasing the game; this effect is time-limited to prevent exploitation, and provides a boost to unlocking characters for new accounts. A nice welcoming gift for entering the fog, to say the least.
  • Better Tutorial System: DBD needs a better tutorial to show off the different mechanics and playstyles that exist. A lot of players are thrown into the game better bare minimum knowledge and it often leads to new players have a far worse experience because they are confused the entire time.
  • Bloodweb and Prestige Systems Improved: The Bloodweb and Prestige system can be a bit confusing for new players. On a brand new account, there should be a tutorial to explain how the system properly works so players can have a better understanding.
  • Better Loading Screen Tooltips: DBD has Tooltips in the middle of a loading screen, and I feel like there could be some stuff there to help new players understand how to deal with different situations. Like, "If the Killer is camping, do not panic if you are unable to rescue them safely, work on a Generator if you are able to," or, "If the Killer is going for a recently unhooked Survivor, try and block the Killer's path if you are able to, unhooked Survivors are vulnerable so it is best to protect them if you are able to."

(Thank you moderators for moving this to Feedback and Suggestions, I forgot to put it there.)

Comments

  • They also need to improve a matchmaking system. I, as an iri 1 surv, smh was picked to play against a newbie trapper. I was nice to him but my solo q teammates weren't: they were constantly tbagging, flashlighting and clowning around him. That being said, he wasn't the first baby killer/survivor that I've met. Such an experience is rough and unjust for a new players, they shouldn't play against an experienced players.