I don't think healing or gens are the problem

I think the biggest problem are the hooks. I mean think about it it this way. You, as the killer, can camp the hook and killers that are extremely efficient at camping the hooks are Bubba, Hillbilly, Huntress, Myers, and probably more that I forgot.

You can't disable killer powers around the hook because problems, you can't give survivors safety around the hook because problems, you can't put a range limit around hook because survivors could camp it and wait until the last second before unhooking whilst a killer is watching you from afar, you can't pause it because it creates more problems, you can't do anything to mitigate it. I think hooks, as a whole, are a problematic mechanic in Dead by Daylight, and there should be another way to somehow sacrifice the survivors to the Entity once you down them (not slugging either).

Although, I can't really come up with anything better than hook and hook states, maybe you guys can come up with something far more creative and clever concepts.

Comments

  • I'm sorry, we're all over here arguing about the upcoming patch. Please reserve your critiques of basic game design for about a month from now.

    In all seriousness, I generally agree camping is a problem, but I doubt you could get rid of hooks. There's an array of things you could do to punish camping hooks, but an elimination game requires an elimination mechanism.

  • Yes Camping is a problem... but why do Killer Camp

    1) Cause if they leave and a save happens the Survivor that was hooked can be healed in 16 seconds or less

    2) Gens can pop anywhere between 45-90 seconds

    Anti-Heal builds aren't as effective as they once were

    Gen regression builds only seem to annoy Survivor players but are necessary

    But I do have a feeling that BHVR might increase hook timers soon

  • Hooks, generators, mid-game removal of players, RNG nature of the maps, and the map design itself, all those things are legit "problem" if we think about it.

  • Healing and Gens were definitely the big problem right now, because Killers felt they needed to camp a 3 gen from the start of the game to stand a chance.

    Both healing and gen regression needed something done about them so the game wouldn't be a boring game of tag for an hour.