So the PTB changes...
Have both good and bad. Not everything's perfect.
- Dead Hard Change - Finally a change to what's been my most hated perk in literal years that actually feels like a proper nerf. Happy with this one.
- The map reworks from what I can tell so far, are good. To be honest Blood Lodge never bothered me personally, but Gas Heaven sure did, I've been begging for them to remove the car walls for years. While they aren't removed the fact they're not as obstructive is great.
- John's Medical File Buff - Honestly? I really think Pig should just have this at basekit, but a buff is a buff and lord knows Pig needs all the help she can get.
- Bloody Sash/Blackened Toenail Buff - While they are undeniably buffed, I really don't see a reason why anyone would still run these. Other add-ons are just better.
- Redhead's Pinky Finger Nerf - This is great, I always personally hated Redhead's because it let a really bad Clown just backrev you with little counter play. It still has little counterplay for that one bottle but having to reload after every bottle adds up fast.
- Pinhead's Lament Configuration change - Perfect. Love the fix for AFK Pinhead, no clue why anyone would want to spend an entire match standing still anyways. Some people are just built different I suppose.
- Scarlet Egg Buff - Undeniably a buff but...Pyramid Head honestly needs a complete add-on overhaul. There's no reason to really run anything on him outside of range add-ons. The fact you guys gave him a change now shows he's on your radar, so I really hope more of you are going to look at him later. Fingers Crossed!
- Pain Resonance Nerf - Unnecessary. Pain Resonance is completely fine as a perk and does not need a nerf. Sure it IS popular, but that's because it's just a great perk. It rewards a killer for getting a down and makes it to where they don't have to kick a generator. I can only see it being problematic when paired with Dead Man's Switch...but at that point why nerf the good and healthy perk and not Dead Man's Switch? A better change imo would be to raise the time a generator gets blocked back to 45 seconds, but give Dead Man's Switch the token system Pain Resonance has on the PTB. Keeping the combo still undeniably strong, but a lot less obnoxious because it can only activate 4 times a match at most instead of 8-10. Alternatively...I would take old Pop Goes the Weasel back or a buff to Surge to make it work on Special Attacks. Please? I really hate kicking generators.
- Gearhead - I really don't see a point to Gearhead as a perk. I just don't. It just has so many requirements for just a little bit of information. Something that other perks (Like Thrilling Tremors) functionally do the same thing and arguably better. Really think this perk just needs to do something else entirely or it's always gonna be really underwhelming.
- Circle of Healing Nerf - Gonna be honest, don't think Circle deserved this either and is in the same camp as Pain Resonance. Circle of Healing only really becomes a problem on certain map totem placements and when paired with Botany Knowledge. How fast you can heal with Circle and Botany is insane. Honestly believe that Botany should have eaten this change, not Circle. Especially since Circle is really handy for breaking up a 3 gen, something that looks like is wanting to be phased out of DbD. Which is a good thing! So why take away one of the tools survivors have to deal with them?
- Overzealous Buff - I am...very worried about this one. While if the circle of healing change goes live, this perk likely won't see much use since Circle is THE boon perk to use, the ability to have a permanent way to give yourself 10% faster repair speed by blessing a dull totem is...really scary to think about to put it lightly. If the killer has plaything or pentimento? Oh god...really unsure about this one. Honestly think this perk could snowball into something really unhealthy for the game under the right circumstances.
- Call of Brine Nerf - While Call of Brine needed the change, I can admit to that, I still think that this was a bit too heavy handed. The numbers on Call of Brine don't look good for it, putting it into the same camp as Pop Goes the Weasel and Ruin. Being...so bad very few people run them. Maybe ease up a little on Call of Brine? It should ideally still be useable without being oppressive.
- Overcharge Nerf - Overcharge was undeniably a fairly popular perk, however, I would like to point out that it was only really strong when paired with Call of Brine. Choy made this really great video that showed the times for how long different regression perks took which is right here: https://youtu.be/BGtF_5jH8ww I highly recommend looking at it. While Call of Brine undeniably needs to go, I honestly think Overcharge without the extra boost from Call of Brine already loses a lot. However, alternatively base regression could be looked into? As the video shows it takes almost 6 minutes to regress a fully progressed generator, which can sometimes be an entire match. Nobody likes kicking gens without Overcharge or Call of Brine because base regression really doesn't do much.
- Healing Changes - The medkit changes? Solid across the board. Medkits were undeniably insanely strong and needed to be scaled back a little. However I am worried about the base time for healing. It will likely lead to a very healing centric meta shift. With survivors bring a load of healing perks and killers bringing a ton of anti heal. I'm not sure how that is going to pan out in the long run, I'm sure it's a lot better than the current 3 gen meta, but time will tell.
Comments