The game needs actual gameplay changes, not just perks
My first post did not go through but I am too lazy to rewrite all of what I said, I made a few suggestions to some of the perk changes, but my main point was that changing perks is a repetitive "solution" to the game's main issue and all it does is cause friction among the community. I think at this point it comes down to adding more to the core game play. I see that you guys have been adding new interactive features such as glyphs, in game event challenges and the ability to earn cosmetics and other nice rewards.
It would be a great addition to the game to add more mini-puzzle game incentives rather than just doing generators, escaping/dying and anything else that comes in between that. A few features I would love is searching for the parts to repair a generator, interacting more with the objectives we have now, crafting our own items. Really earning our success of escaping or just making the game fun enough to play to the point where no one feels like a loser if they die or gets hit hard with that "The Entity Hungers" Score title.
Comments
They need to change kills to hooks for win condition. Kill condition just makes killers want to tunnel and camp more to get someone out of the game immediately.
encouraging hooks will give more reasons not to camp or tunnel
Simple yet effective. I like it.
I agree, the reward in the game should come from performance, not result. Not because you escaped means you're a good survivor and not because you killed everyone means you're a good killer but that's the stigma the current system encourages. You summed that up perfectly, I would still like to see more added to the game and more diversity to perk builds so that they would not constantly feel the need to change every perk someone doesn't like, but I know that is very far-fetched from any feedback they were looking for.
People play for kill because kill is winning to them. No one force killers to gain MMR.
I do want the game to be balanced around more hook, but it doesnt stop killer to have 4K within 4 hooks.