QOL - Can the killer see hook states?
With the nerf to Scourge Hook: Pain Resonance only working for first time hooks, it would be a nice QOL change to see the hook states of each survivor to not get confused in the chaos of the trial. Having hook states visible prevents the killer from thinking they can get Pain Resonance value, carrying a survivor all the way over to a Scourge Hook, and then finding out that the survivor was already hooked.
You can internally track it on your own but it would still be nice to have. It would also help the Grim Embrace perk.
For the argument that it would encourage tunneling, keep in mind that if the killer wants to tunnel, they're already tracking that one survivor's hook states like a hawk.
Comments
As I understood it, the new pain res changes means the first time any survivor is hooked on a scourge hook, it activates.
So if their first hook is on a regular hook, ad their second hook is on a scourge hook, then it activates and consumes the token, and their third hook won't.
But I agree with showing individual hook states to the killer for a bunch of reasons.
Ohh I misunderstood it badly, thanks for clearing it up. I was in the mindset of the old BBQ and Chili.
yes that's completely correct!