Taking bets

On how long it'll be before the healing changes get reset once they go live, I give it maybe 3 weeks.

Comments

  • I don’t even think the base healing nerfs go live the way they are described in the dev update. It’s just a PTB and the criticism is already very loud, could also be intentionally higher than they actually aim for to see the effect and never planned to be like that on live

  • There’s a lot of criticism about a lot of things in this update. I only hope they’ll listen to some extent. Don’t make altruistic healing take 24 seconds, come up with a new nerf for Pain Res, put CoB and OC to 150%, and don’t nerf Billy’s engravings then I’ll be happy.

  • It won't go live. They only need two reasons to not put the healing changes live.

    1. It makes camping significantly stronger as many others have pointed out in much more detail.
    2. It makes the already OP killers like blight, nurse, etc even more oppressive. You're already in a frantic race against time against unstoppable chase killers. Longer heals, no dead hard, etc is going to make them unbeatable if they are remotely competent.

    The fact that this is even being considered is insane.

  • All the healing nerfs should stay in place. Of course there is criticism. Survivors don’t want to get nerfed.

    And notice the popular theme is that the killer nerfs should go through, but the most important survivor nerf should be reverted. It’s like people don’t want to trade at all, and just want their specific side to be better.

    BHVR wants injuries to feel like they matter, and survivors just want to completely ruin this entire meta shift, by trying to convince BHVR to revert some of the survivor nerfs.

  • The healing nerfs will be scaled back slightly from the PTB. 24s base healing will be changed to 20s base healing. Sloppy Butcher and Coulrophobia will be nerfed slightly.

    Other than that, all the changes will go live, survivors mains will complain for 3-4 weeks, then everyone will get used to it and it'll be the new normal, and the game will be in a better place for it.

  • @I_CAME said:

    It won't go live. They only need two reasons to not put the healing changes live.

    1. It makes camping significantly stronger as many others have pointed out in much more detail.
    2. It makes the already OP killers like blight, nurse, etc even more oppressive

    The fact that this is even being considered is insane.

    Unfortunately, while I agree with both of your points, I don't think they make a difference to the balance team.

    1 and 2 are obvious consequences of this healing change. I can't honestly believe they don't know that, which tells me they do know but don't see those points as being problems. Basically, they know, but don't care about camping or that blight will have an 80% kill rate.

    If either of those were enough to deter them it wouldn't have made it into the patch notes.

    I expect the changes to either A) go live at 24s, or B) go live at something like 20-22 seconds 'because of feedback' and never be touched again. Probably 24s, but I'm very pessimistic about the healing change.

    Oh, and sloppy butcher will get the Thana treatment two weeks after the patch goes live because it hit nearly 100% usage rate, like Thana did after 6.1.