Every map in the game could use 3-4 fewer filler pallets.

I hope if/when there's another meta-shake up, they address how busted the current maps are. Every map in the game, except maybe a few, could use 3-4 fewer pallets. It feels like most, if not all of the maps are too big and have far too many resources. Filler pallets really ignore a lot of killer powers and neuter a lot of potential that lower-tier killers have to exist in the meta. It makes the maps far too easy for survivors, as anyone with 20+ hours of play can mindlessly drop pallets and the run to the next safe pallet or safe tile when the killer loses a 50/50.

Before people throw out "What about Nurse/Blight?" I'll remind you Nurse ignores pallets -- and sometimes so does Blight -- but Blight's kill-rate is around 2.5 as per last infographic.

Also, on the subject of a meta-shake up, toolboxes & medkits need a nerf.

Comments

  • Swamp with a giant deadzone in the middle and 8 pallets total says hi. Haddonfield can be quite pallet sparse as well.

    I agree in some cases; Blood Lodge, Fractured Cowshed, Badham, Garden of Joy, and Borgio usually or always have a metric crap ton of pallets and could absolutely use a slight reduction of 2-3 pallets.

    Every other map has either an appropriate number of pallets or has a good amount of slightly weak outplayable pallets.

  • I agree, but I also think that pallets need be more changeable part of the game. I think the game could benefit from a small pallet reduction and then the introduction of Offerings such as these:

    Survivor Offerings: [Green rarity, Adds one Pallet to the Start of Trial.] (this stacks to 4)

    Killer Offerings: [Purple rarity, Removes 2 Pallets at Start of Trial.] , [Ultra-rarity, Removes 4 Pallets at Start of Trial.]

    Its time we get to play with that element of the game and help this game with having more engaging offerings.

  • Sure. Remove some pallets from Lery's, Midwitch, both RPD's, saloon, wretched shop, wrecker's yard and so on.

    Because all the maps are soooo "survivor sided" that survivors barely play the game as is. The incentives are on survivor side the whole day but on the evening so it's extremely good idea to nerf all the maps.

    What about removal DH and CoH in the process, making gens take 110s and buffing all the gen regression things - especially base regression. All these things will 100% fix the issue of whole day survivor incentives. This just needs to be done!

  • We could also make Pallet Amounts dependent on MMR.

    I think you could easily make a fair argument,

    That a high mmr Survivor should be able to do with less pallets and a low mmr Survivor need more pallets.

    I'm not talking crazy amounts here, But I have seen high MMR Survivors playing willy-nilly with pallets cause they have so many.

    I think its a consideration bHVR needs to make soon.