I'm a survivor main... and...

I'm a survivor main... and...


Killers seriously need a re-work. 


I'm ONLY speaking from a survivor's main perspective with close to 2k hours playing dbd so I may not know this game very well yet. 


Killers, I get it. I totally get it. You have SWFs with communications to deal with, you have generators rushing perks that are causing you to camp/tunnel. I get it. 


Let me tell you, I refuse to play killer. Been there, done that! No thank you! For the most part, I find playing killers boring, and most of the killers on dbd are boring to play. Some, require a lot of skills to learn (nurse, etc.), and without their add-ons they're weak, the amount of toxicity you face is ridiculous, and being gen rushed within minutes is no fun either (especially when tunneling/camping isn't your game style). Don't even get me started with the end-game chat! Bloating about your win is never fun especially if the killer is still learning how to play that particular killer. 


I could be wrong here but I think that instead of trying to fix, nerf, change, buff, re-work certain perks, addons, etc.. it would be easier to have different gameplays you can choose to play. For example, I think challenges should not be part of the gameplay such as obtaining glyphs, surviving with one perk on, etc. I think there should be a lobby for those types of particular challenges/games. Yesterday, I decided to do two glyph challenges, thank god I was playing with a full team of friends who didn't mind us losing because of trying to help me do my challenge. The killer didn't even let me get my glyph (he downed me while I was communing with my glyphs), which doesn't even impact him whatsoever, but okay, whatever, typical killers in dbd. 


I think having two killers, and eight survivors, with five perks equipped would be a hell of fun. I may be wrong but it wouldn't hurt to try! Also, disabling addons and items should be allowed for survival games that rely on just your skills, perks, and your teammates. Also, adding different end-game challenges, awards, and winning mechanics would be fun. It shouldn't always be about escaping, killing, or doing generators. The aspect of being chased by the killer is what makes this game fun, not knowing if you're gonna make it out alive is what makes it fun. 


Having survivor or killer robots to fill in a spot for someone who d/c's or etc should be implemented in the game. Many people quit doing generators or kill themselves on the hook to just move on to the next game. Come on, I've seen AI survivors play better than people I play with LOL. At least you have a chance to get more blood points, have fun and finish the game or finish your challenges. 


I'm sure there are tons of exciting ways to make this game fun for BOTH survivors and killers. I think that ADDING different game styles to the current game would help ease with tunneling/camping/being gen rushed, etc. 


I'm sure BHVR has the experience, capacity, and insight to make this game better for everyone whether you choose to play killer or survivor. I think that branching out and experimenting with different play styles and game styles would definitely improve their numbers both in profit and game users. 


Just my two cents. 

Comments