Why are threads vanishing

That criticize the developers? You know, every time I'm involved in a discussion relating to the devs, it is almost always seemingly deleted (good thing I screen shot things.)


Is this just a fluke or is it something possibly more nefarious? Seems a bit routine.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Threads don't get deleted that criticize the devs. If they did, there would be like 3 threads in the entire forum lol. They get deleted for breaking forum rules (ie harassing the devs, or others, for instance). They also get moved too from general discussions to feedback and discussion. Sometimes if a mod is cleaning up the thread will be hidden until they remove rule breaking posts, as well.

  • @KingFieldShipper said:

    Threads don't get deleted that criticize the devs. If they did, there would be like 3 threads in the entire forum lol. They get deleted for breaking forum rules (ie harassing the devs, or others, for instance). They also get moved too from general discussions to feedback and discussion. Sometimes if a mod is cleaning up the thread will be hidden until they remove rule breaking posts, as well.

    That makes a little more sense, but I they never seem to reappear and I recall Dowsey and Mr.Gimm mentioning this being something of theme?

  • @MonsterDilf said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3371167#Comment_3371167

    That makes a little more sense, but I they never seem to reappear and I recall Dowsey and Mr.Gimm mentioning this being something of theme?

    Well when you only see it from their perspective, then yeah I can see how you'd think its quite common

    (it really aint)

  • We do not remove threads that criticize the game or the developers, quite the opposite, constructive criticism is welcome.

    The only threads we remove are those that break the forum rules or those made by the alternate account of a user, for example; also as @KingFieldShipper mentioned, sometimes the threads are moved to the correct sections, but we usually leave a redirect link to access them.

    If you have doubts regarding the rules, you can find them here:

    Welcome to the Official Dead by Daylight forums! Before you start posting, please take a moment to read through these guidelines. Some things to keep in mind: Be respectful to other members Racism or discrimination in any form is not tolerated Please do not encourage negative behavior (e.g. encouraging DCs and griefing,…


  • Might also be that your posts criticized named people ?

    Like if, say, you mentioned a well-known DbD streamer by name and mildly criticized them, that would fall under "reflects negatively on another person or people" and be removed, even if you just repeated something they said themselves.

    For legal purposes I am not speaking from experience. =D