Make DCs less punishing
For the sake of discussion, Disconnecting Early is considered exiting the game via the Menu, ending the task Dead by Daylight in Task Manager, or otherwise genuinely losing connection to the internet through no fault of your own, before you reach the point you are able to be downed and hooked for an instant elimination.
Basically, get rescued a second time and these penalties don't happen even if you quit. Mostly.
The reason I specify this is because there are some, but VERY FEW times that exist where disconnecting after being knocked down in a third hook state where you can impact the game more than if you stayed and honestly you're mostly punishing only yourself at that point.
Ideas.
Don't punish anyone for leaving the game after the first person DCs. I cannot think of a single "competitive" (a term I use very loosely only because the team may or may not see their game as competitive on any given day) game that punishes people for quitting a game after a different quitter already doomed them to losing unless the other team is just that bad. There is no reason Survivor 2, 3, and 4 should be punished because Survivor 1 was slightly inconvenienced.
Increase the amount of BP earned in game by 25-50% after the game is over for each survivor that disconnects. This incentivizes players to stay in a losing game if they don't mind losing. It can also increase the amount of BP people give if the killer decides to farm, but I think that's a positive side effect.
If someone disconnects, a random generator is immediately completed and all remaining players receive a portion of the remaining BP worth of whatever was left on the generator. I feel this one can have the side effect of people willingly DCing to finish the game faster (because I never underestimate the average survivors need to be obnoxious), so maybe if it were implemented it should consider if the game had 2 or less generators remaining and avoid doing that.
Thoughts?
Comments
I'm sorry, but don't think any of these ideas would make anything about the game better.
Can you say why?
The ideas are less about making the game better and more about making an awful situation more bearable.
I think the idea of letting others leave a game if someone dcs is a good idea for the health of solo queue, too many people rage quit and everyone else has to suffer through an unfair match because of it.