So has anyone ever had a console lag switcher before
Not kidding had a doc working with dwight on gen got shocked next second on the floor then as im crawling I'm suddenly firecracker saved by Dwight then unable to move for a few frames during a chase then when I'm free and nowear bear to them (and they didant have the see the other docs add-on I think) then kills me nodding his head like mad
Comments
I've seen a lagswitcher on DBD for Xbox before. He was a Doc too, I'm wondering maybe it was the same guy.
He did it to both me and my friend several times across multiple games. Things would be totally fine, but if you hit him with a FL suddenly the game becomes super laggy and when it stops you are either on a hook or being carried to one. I confronted him about this one time it was kinda obvious. I said "did you just lag switch?" and his response was something like "I wanted to do it the easy way, but then you hit me with a FL" hinting that yes he did indeed do it. He also rage quits if you destroy his Ruin.
It depends on the game. Games with dedicated servers (which is now most multiplayer games on Xbox at least) you can't. But a game like DBD you can because it's p2p.
In fact modding is actually possible on consoles too. Maybe not so much the current generation, but here's a video of some modders in Gears of War 2 on Xbox 360:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mERbP8fNco
Just so you know, the guys on the other team were the modders. They got host and because of that were able to modify the game. See how I have like 100000 ammo for everything and my bullets insta-down. I thought my Xbox was going to red ring when I started to spam the smoke grenades. I pulled my Ethernet cord to leave the game just to break the connection, to be sure they weren't doing other even more nefarious things.
I have seen it twice in 18 months on PS4. Both times i looked at what other games they play and both play Call of Duty.
I faced a Clown in black who lagswitched and tunneled me when I used to play Console.
Once. M1 Huntress. Failed to record it unfortunately
In other games, yes, I've run into a few.
This right here. Nothing's special about it.
Just because the game is on a console doesn't change the fact that it's a P2P game where the host's word is law to ensure stuff like hit detection doesn't get all messed up.
Doesn't matter to the game if connection is interrupted and the first update recieved once it's restored is "oh by the way the killer hit you twice and you're on his shoulder now", it'll simply roll with it.
And I'm sure most lagswitching is done by physically pulling the plug temporarily, which has absolutely nothing to do with third-party software at all.
If consoles are more ban-happy when it comes to suspected lagswitchers that's good. Lagswitching has been a more common cheating method on consoles anyway, thanks to the widespread use of P2P there and the relative "lack" of more software-based cheating methods there.
You are describing a laggspike, not laggswitching.
And from what I have heard, lagg is quite common on consoles