lets discuss closing the gap between solos and swf is talked about but what about killers?

the new hud helps survivors to relay information and help to traverse the skill gap but what about the gap between lower tier killers and higher tier killers? what is going to be done so that every killer is indeed viable?

would higher tier killers like nurse be actually nerfed? say make her matchstick iridescent addon the base for nurse? qol such as smaller map sizes so m1 killers can actually reach far gens at the beginning of the match? more addon passes?

what are your thoughts?

Comments

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3369657#Comment_3369657

    -"That's why tunneling should be nerfed and make other strats more viable"

    When you say this it only makes sense if tunneling refers to killers putting the same person on a hook as well as survivors trying desperately to finish specific generators no matter what.

    I tunnel every game because I usually have lobbies with players who have their hours in multiples of 2000-5000 hour chunks. The only reason I would not tunnel is if there is a "better" option.

    Gen progress overall needs to be halted more often -this would happen naturally if all maps were 9000m². But maybe we need some perks to make it happen artificially. Imagine for example if we added a killer perk with no cooldown that made gens untouchable for 20 seconds after they have been kicked. The cooldown is built in as travel time.

    Or we could do the intelligent thing and give killer a 1:1 regression rate equal to a survivor's repair rate if four players are alive. The current regression rate should probably be the rate if a single player is left alive.

    -"yes Oni needs buff good survivors pre drop every pallet and he is just m1 killer without any antiloop"

    Of all the killers that need to be 120% speed it's not Oni. If you are struggling with Oni then I think you need to work on your M1 fundamentals. Both Otz and Truetalent do a good job playing Oni vs people that play as you describe. Without his power Oni is a M1 killer and if you are struggling to get hits then there is the possibility it is you who is the weak link not the killer.

    Now do not take offense to that as I am not saying 100% that is the problem. Oni is clearly weaker than Nurse but is regarded as an "A" tier killer by most people. There is some overlap here when you consider that Oni in some ways plays like MM. Both killers benefit by being a little bit clever and forcing the correct pallets to be removed.

    If you don't mind tell me your perk setup and let's look at what you are working with.

    I could think solution for tunneling basekit ds that disables after you hook someone else. Basekit ds should be 5s stun and it should disable killer power for 10s. So if you hook survivor A but go after someone else and hook survivor B now you can now after/hook A again. Well ds perk itself would stay activate if you manage down them both in under 60s. Probably also survivors should receive buff once game is 3vs1 as 100s gens would be too much in that situation.

    Oni is weakest killer in the game at start of match so if he should not be 120% neither should anyone else be. Trapper at least has his traps. I've seen Otz looped all 5 gens before he got his power with Oni. He only won when survivors throwed and wanted to save their friend. Oni is killer which requires big missplays from good survivors to win.

    Nurse has stronger power than Oni but can use it all the time why should it not be bit easier for Oni to get his power? I play on console so I can't use flicks, 180s hits maybe those should be removed im fine with that if he can get his power easier. Even good Oni would have hard time win games I lost some maps has just 100 safe pallets so what can m1 killer do to that?

  • @DEMONANCE said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3369019#Comment_3369019

    sorry bud tombstone piece cannot and will not stay the way it is whenever myers gets an update, i don't imagine the devs are that dumb to keep it

    a broken outdated addon for noobs that deletes any kind of fun or chance Survivors may have in the match

    in a pvp game this cannot be allowed to stay same idea was with iri head and pinky finger and those were less bullshit addons than tombstone.

    i am surprised tombstone has stayed in the game as long as it has to be honest

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370042#Comment_3370042

    I could think solution for tunneling basekit ds that disables after you hook someone else. Basekit ds should be 5s stun and it should disable killer power for 10s. So if you hook survivor A but go after someone else and hook survivor B now you can now after/hook A again. Well ds perk itself would stay activate if you manage down them both in under 60s. Probably also survivors should receive buff once game is 3vs1 as 100s gens would be too much in that situation.

    Oni is weakest killer in the game at start of match so if he should not be 120% neither should anyone else be. Trapper at least has his traps. I've seen Otz looped all 5 gens before he got his power with Oni. He only won when survivors throwed and wanted to save their friend. Oni is killer which requires big missplays from good survivors to win.

    Nurse has stronger power than Oni but can use it all the time why should it not be bit easier for Oni to get his power? I play on console so I can't use flicks, 180s hits maybe those should be removed im fine with that if he can get his power easier. Even good Oni would have hard time win games I lost some maps has just 100 safe pallets so what can m1 killer do to that?

    Hold the phone!

    You're saying let's remove flicks from Oni and buff Oni? Deal. Still no on the 20% movement speed though. I really hate to be that person but you can't be competitive on console with Nurse/Oni/Huntress compared to PC. Funny enough Rocket League has the inverse problem with the controller. You cannot be competitive without using one.


    -"I could think solution for tunneling basekit ds that disables after you hook someone else."

    This is beyond unreasonable. Allow me to offer you a counter deal that is equally unreasonable. Base kit as a killer if I kick a generator then that generator cannot be touched for 30 seconds and continues to regress. We will nerf Overcharge and CoB but the base killer regression will be moved to 1:1 regression relative to survivor repair rates if all four survivors are alive. Each player removed reduces the regression rate by 25% so that when three players are dead the killer would have the current level of regression (which is 1/4th of one survivor).

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370471#Comment_3370471

    Hold the phone!

    You're saying let's remove flicks from Oni and buff Oni? Deal. Still no on the 20% movement speed though. I really hate to be that person but you can't be competitive on console with Nurse/Oni/Huntress compared to PC. Funny enough Rocket League has the inverse problem with the controller. You cannot be competitive without using one.

    -"I could think solution for tunneling basekit ds that disables after you hook someone else."

    This is beyond unreasonable. Allow me to offer you a counter deal that is equally unreasonable. Base kit as a killer if I kick a generator then that generator cannot be touched for 30 seconds and continues to regress. We will nerf Overcharge and CoB but the base killer regression will be moved to 1:1 regression relative to survivor repair rates if all four survivors are alive. Each player removed reduces the regression rate by 25% so that when three players are dead the killer would have the current level of regression (which is 1/4th of one survivor).

    Nurse is actually fine with controller survivors can just spin more easily your hits that is probably biggest difference. Oni could be fine with few buffs on console that is all I ask so why you don't want that?

    I don't think basekit ds is unreasonable if killers are buffed bit and gens made slower that in fact would help most killers as we don't all always play optimally/tunnel. Even if you tunnel new ideal stragedy 5 hooks before first kill should not be unreasonable amount and you can still tunnel but you do have to eat ds.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370815#Comment_3370815

    Nurse is actually fine with controller survivors can just spin more easily your hits that is probably biggest difference. Oni could be fine with few buffs on console that is all I ask so why you don't want that?

    I don't think basekit ds is unreasonable if killers are buffed bit and gens made slower that in fact would help most killers as we don't all always play optimally/tunnel. Even if you tunnel new ideal stragedy 5 hooks before first kill should not be unreasonable amount and you can still tunnel but you do have to eat ds.

    -"Even if you tunnel new ideal stragedy 5 hooks before first kill should not be unreasonable amount and you can still tunnel but you do have to eat ds."

    What's the base generator completion time going to be? 120 seconds? Do killers get base kit 1:1 regression?


    Your argument boils down to : I can't play Oni as well as a PC player therefore buff Oni.

  • i still think the iri matchstick addon as base kit would be the fairest nerf to nurse...1 blink and she has to respect pallets in exchange for a faster walking speed and the blink can still be used to mindgame.

  • @solarjin1 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3368583#Comment_3368583

    Ts Myers is about as fun as getting gen rush. You just roll your eyes and go to the next match.

    Given that it's a unique challenge that I never see, it's plenty fun to me.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370836#Comment_3370836

    -"Even if you tunnel new ideal stragedy 5 hooks before first kill should not be unreasonable amount and you can still tunnel but you do have to eat ds."

    What's the base generator completion time going to be? 120 seconds? Do killers get base kit 1:1 regression?

    Your argument boils down to : I can't play Oni as well as a PC player therefore buff Oni.

    If ideal stragedy to win is 5 hooks 120s will be too long if now it is 3 hooks before first kill. Would you believe me if I tell you I win many games with that stragedy even now and it's some cases better stragedy than just tunneling one survivor and ignoring everyone else as there is risk that one survivor loops you too long. But when you bit switch targets you can identifyi weak link.

    Many killers are as well succesful with this kind of stragedy so giving killers massive buffs would be too much. That 120s sounds fine if we're balancing killer going for 8 hooks before first kill but that just should remain as showing skill expression. 100s gens would be more reasonable start and basekit mini deadlock. But probably survivors would need buff in 3vs1 as that just makes tunneling more viable that it currently is even with buffed ds. As it's still easier option than switching targets.

  • @Deathstroke said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370850#Comment_3370850

    If ideal stragedy to win is 5 hooks 120s will be too long if now it is 3 hooks before first kill. Would you believe me if I tell you I win many games with that stragedy even now and it's some cases better stragedy than just tunneling one survivor and ignoring everyone else as there is risk that one survivor loops you too long. But when you bit switch targets you can identifyi weak link.

    Many killers are as well succesful with this kind of stragedy so giving killers massive buffs would be too much. That 120s sounds fine if we're balancing killer going for 8 hooks before first kill but that just should remain as showing skill expression. 100s gens would be more reasonable start and basekit mini deadlock. But probably survivors would need buff in 3vs1 as that just makes tunneling more viable that it currently is even with buffed ds. As it's still easier option than switching targets.

    I seem to need to remind you that Oni is an outlier. Most killers cannot win in 5 hooks.

    The only time I could win with 5 hooks is if I get one player to stage two on the first hook and then practically one hook everyone else.


    For most of the killer cast you automatically lose any ability to contest harassment of the unhook while you are spending ~15 seconds hooking the next survivor. You do not have a ~9 m/s movement power to chase down the survivors who were just on the hook.

  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3371575#Comment_3371575

    I seem to need to remind you that Oni is an outlier. Most killers cannot win in 5 hooks.

    The only time I could win with 5 hooks is if I get one player to stage two on the first hook and then practically one hook everyone else.

    For most of the killer cast you automatically lose any ability to contest harassment of the unhook while you are spending ~15 seconds hooking the next survivor. You do not have a ~9 m/s movement power to chase down the survivors who were just on the hook.

    I rarely play Oni anymore and with him im actually more likely just tunnel someone out right at the start and still lose... Im always send to map with 100 pallets like farm cowshed, garden of misery or borgo. But actually with other killers I can win more easily with other strats. Just this match played with wraith and went 6 hooks before 7th hook (mori) was my first kill. It was thalita and she ended up getting most bp of survivors. Well you say you always tunnel so you don't even know if you would win with other strat. Im sure you could even I can. Well technically I tunneled thalita out as I went after she was unhooked but hooked jeff in between her hooks.

    20230315_214844.jpg


  • @DBDVulture said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370836#Comment_3370836

    -"Even if you tunnel new ideal stragedy 5 hooks before first kill should not be unreasonable amount and you can still tunnel but you do have to eat ds."

    What's the base generator completion time going to be? 120 seconds? Do killers get base kit 1:1 regression?

    Your argument boils down to : I can't play Oni as well as a PC player therefore buff Oni.

    it is unfair that pc players get good flicks as well as better aiming with killers like trickster and console players just get bargain versions of those killers

  • @Skill_issue said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3370850#Comment_3370850

    it is unfair that pc players get good flicks as well as better aiming with killers like trickster and console players just get bargain versions of those killers

    It's also unfair Billy used to be fun to play and they said lets nef billy and make Oni exist.


    Oni should never be buffed while he has flicks with his power at all. There are not many games that do pc/console crossovers with PVP in mind. There is not much competition when it comes to mouse vs stick. In flight games we have stick wasd.

1 2 ›