Crashing

I know there’s a few threads about this but...Dead by daylight has already crashed for me 3 times now.

Once on the new map before the Christmas update (only when Legion was out) I was playing Nea.

Second time I was playing Dwight on the map Crotus Prenn Asylum

Third time was just recently as playing killer, I was The Pig on the game The Map.

Before the update with Legion my games were perfectly fine. DBD is also the first game to crash my PS4 which is years old mind you.

There has been multiple crashes stated by other users on this forum as well.

Just wanted devs to know.

Comments

  • Make sure you upload your crash logs and tag @MandyTalk with them since this is most likely to do with the Unreal Engine update.

    They're aware of the issue and it affects not just DBD but other games and programmers using the engine so the more reports the more data they get.

  • @powerbats
    quick question about the logs. Many of the crashes I have don’t create crash logs. I stuck on loading screen when I click join a lobby or create a lobby and it goes to not responding phase. So I use task manager. Should I also look for crash logs for them?
  • @antgnstea said:
    @powerbats
    quick question about the logs. Many of the crashes I have don’t create crash logs. I stuck on loading screen when I click join a lobby or create a lobby and it goes to not responding phase. So I use task manager. Should I also look for crash logs for them?

    Yes, there'll be a log saved even if it isn't a crash log per se so anything around that time helps.

  • powerbats said:

    Yes, there'll be a log saved even if it isn't a crash log per se so anything around that time helps.

    One last dumb question then. Where can I find the logs?
  • @antgnstea said:
    powerbats said:

    Yes, there'll be a log saved even if it isn't a crash log per se so anything around that time helps.

    One last dumb question then. Where can I find the logs?

    It's not a dumb question since they're not always in the most convenient spot and depending on os version they're in different locations.

    AppData/Local/DeadByDaylight/Saved/Logs for a newly created file right around the time of the crash.

    Note: that's Win 10 os 64 bit.

  • @powerbats
    thanks you so much. I found them. 
  • @antgnstea said:
    @powerbats
    thanks you so much. I found them. 

    You can tag @MandyTalk when you upload them and me if you'd like if she's not on.