Would DBD ever work towards a F2P model?
This would really expand their playerbase. All they would have to do for people who bought the game is give them 20$ worth of auric cells and maybe legacy/unique skins or something. Then they can just work on grinding/paid content with skins and characters.
Comments
Zaps you
Clown Laugh intensifies
I cannot even think of anything sarcastic to say, for once. So instead I will just smh.
I probably did put the value too high but many players complain if they don't get the value of what they paid for when games go reduced or f2p, plus it would be just for skins and ingame content anyway. Plus they would retain or bring back original players who may have gotten disinterested in the game.
Most of the stuff you can buy with your shards. You don't need to buy the dlcs either if you wait enough. SO you can buy perks (RNG sucks sometimes) and cosmetics and most of the killers beside the license ones if you play very ..very....veerrryyy much xD but it is possible
Honestly I do not think a F2P model is in the game's best interest at this time. Its only been out 2 and half years, 18 months on console. The community is not in that bad of shape. The game was recently free to PS Plus users on the PS4. It has been on sale on Steam, PS4, and Xbox One several times. This helps bring in new players. The game is still in a good shape.