Thanks... but no thanks.
This game is becoming such a nightmare for solo queue survivors. And yes, I appreciate and thank you for the recent solo queue HUD buff but there's more work to be done.
I know that tunneling/camping is a hot debate among the DBD community but it's so bad that I refuse to let my nephew buy with my money any customization or cosmetics from the game store. He’s been watching me play for about 6 months and has recently asked me to buy the game for him so we can play together.
So, I did, but he wanted me to buy auric cells so he can get cosmetics and some of the survivors/killers without having to grind hours of gameplay since he can’t play a lot. He has been very excited about the game and we enjoy playing together. While I allow him to play the game, I refuse to support this game any further with money until tunneling/camping gets addressed by BHVR in some sort of way while balancing the game for both survivors and killers.
There’s no reason why a survivor should get tunneled/camped out of the game within 5 minutes of the start of the match especially coming out with less than 5k bloodpoints while killers get rewarded for that style of play.
Anyway, I told my nephew he’ll have to grind hours of gameplay or have his mother buy it for him (which she won’t) because I definitely will not.
I have personally spent a good decent amount of money on this game and stopped recently.
I’m not saying this to buff survivors, I think survivors are fine the way they are (although most of our perks need some rework). I’m asking that tunneling/camping be changed somehow. Something has to change; I wish I had the solution but you guys have the resources to figure that out! So, please do so I can buy cute outfits for my survivors because for now, I’m not spending any money on this game anymore.
Thank you & see you in the fog probably getting tunneled/camped out of the game! So fun!
PS - This post is not directed to killers who don't tunnel/camp. I have played against a decent amount of killers who are better than me and don't have to tunnel or camp. I respect that very much and those killers make the game fun because you learn a lot from those types of matches where you have to get better at the game. You can't get better at a game while being tunneled or camped especially in solo queue matches. NOT HAPPENING!
Comments
tunneling is the optimal playstyle for killer in the current meta. with people bringing SO many gen perks, coh, medkits, theres no other way to consistently win against super good players. why should i waste my time going for someone with 2-3 healthstates with DH, when i could go after someone whos already close to death and has 2 healthstates?
I'm down for removing those features but unfortunately the game is currently balanced around requiring it at the high end. Fix the high level to where it's no longer required and I'm down for that. Make 12 hook games viable.
Please don't hold your nephew's happiness hostage just because you want to make a point to bHVR. That's so sad.
The solution: increase the length of time a match lasts.
the method: increase the amount of time required to activate a generator. Increase the amount of time a player takes to die on a hook per stage. Add a perk that allows a solo player continue doing escape attempts during hook stage 2. Cap the amount of generator progression earned from perks, items, and skillchecks.
your complaint is about the amount of time it takes for a survivor to die. If survivors are dying too fast then the game is moving too fast and/or survivors are not rescuing each other.
by slowing down the game there will be more time to spend during a trial exploring and performing actions. By adding a perk that allows oneself more attempts to unhook oneself - similar to slippery meat, but for hook stage 2 - players that would find themselves as isolated from the group and would rather give up than continue playing can now opt into the new playstyle of attempting to unhook themselves rather than just giving up because no one is coming.
these solutions would allow you to experience the game for longer without destroying the strategy of targeting key players: tunneling, face camping, slug baiting.