Idea for Matchmaking

Is it possible to team survivors with other players of a similar skill level and play style? I am either doing a gen or in chase, every game I usually solo two gens. I would like to be paired with a team with a similar play style but I constantly get put with a team of hiders. When I am on hook and can see the whole team they are duckwalking around the edge of the map or standing and staring. It is frustrating to constantly have a team with a totally different play style (theirs seems to be hide until I get hatch.)

Comments

  • Okay if it is not a possibility to team survivors based off of similar skill together, is it possible to give some sort of "golf handicap" to the team? Like take the median skill score of the survivors and compare it to the skill score of the killer, and then assign a handicap based off of the size of the difference. Handicaps could be shorter heal times, shorter gen times, increased aura reading, etc.

    I'm getting pretty good at being able to predict exactly how a game will turn out just from the load screen; how many gens will be done, who dies first, etc. If I can figure out how a game is going to go before one second of play there should be a way an algorithm can do the same thing and adjust the game accordingly.

  • The matchmaking is already trying to do that.

    It just doesn´t work so well...