DC Mark idea.

Hey there this is my first post,


I've been playing DbD for a while and enjoy the game, lore and the community a lot.


I don't know if the has been a suggestion like this before so I apologise in advance.

I have been struggling and getting more and more annoyed at the current trend of survivors in my team disconnecting mid game for going down early in the game, going against a killer they don't like or being tunneled out. I mostly play solo.


Today I have had more games of survivors disconnecting than playing to the conclusion of the game. This is despite DC penalty being active. It doesn't seem to be a very strong deterrent.


I've have had this idea for a while and possibly I am not the only one. My idea is too give players information to decide if they want to commit to playing certain games despite the type of players they will be queuing up with.


So the idea, After a survivor has reached a certain number of DC's within a fixed time they will get the DC symbol next to the name in lobbies. Similar to the globe that show the players are on another platform. If this will indicate that this player disconnects often. With that knowledge other survivors and killers can decide to leave the lobby to avoid a negative experience. DC's can effect things from of course winning/Escaping and completing challenges. So it can have an impact on killer experience to.


Players can lose this badge after playing games out until the end. Yes, they could just kill themselves on hook but at least that buys survivors time in the trial.


The other way this badge could be lost is if the player is inactive for a while. Taking a break from the game is sometimes needed I can understand that.


The general idea is to try and reform these types of players to be better sports. No one wants to play with the kid that constantly takes their ball home when things don't go their way. So eventually these players will value and appreciate the game more and not get overly completive and emotional. The best word I can use is shame I guess. These players have this badge next to their name telling others they may have a poor experience due to recent behaviour in their games.


I think this would have a better impact over the current DC penalty. Although they could work well together DC penalty to cool off and the badge to inform players they are grouping with.


Players like myself that are happy to play despite win or loss shouldn't have to constantly deal with other players that rage quit soon as things don't go their way. I've lost many games because of one player deciding they don't like how things are going for them. We get punished for their poor behaviour towards the game.


This has been an on going issue and despite BHVR saying it has gotten better my experience in the game hasn't really. Especially recently.


So that is my idea numbers of when the badge should show I haven't put too much thought in and how long until the badge expires could be something discussed since of course some people just lose connection and of course real world obligations and emergencies arise.

Comments

  • Honestly not a bad idea. The only issue I could see is people who legitimately DC’d via wifi drops or what not catching the badge.

  • @HugTechLover said:

    Honestly not a bad idea. The only issue I could see is people who legitimately DC’d via wifi drops or what not catching the badge.

    Yes it could be an issue but it could also end up being better than the current DC penalty since a player could still queue up. They will just have the badge and other players can decide if they want to queue up. I guess the benefit of in game chat is they could tell others.


    My idea would be similar to DC penalty but instead of getting an increasing longer time the badge will appear after something like 3 DC'd games within a certain number of days. I think the best way to stop it being exploited by serial disconnecters is to make it random between something like 3 and 6 disconnects.