leaving until tunneling is addressed

3 matches in a row now to where the killer gets his hands on me and then refuses to leave the area of the hook. i can watch paint dry i can stare at the clock i can do literally anything and get the same result as i do playing the game in its current state, and unfortunately that leads me to come to the conclusion that until this is fixed i might as well just not play for the time being.

Comments

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3335495#Comment_3335495

    It feels impossible to me mathematically that there can be that many survivors who could loop that well. Two such chases in a game and survivors should win easily, not to mention any additional 'lesser' chases.

    Camping: The problem is the concept of winning. SWF can consider a 3 man out a team win, but soloQ it's you survive or not. So things like hook trades don't work out as well. It's also strange because with so much else of the game BHVR's attitude is 'play as a team, or not' and then with camping it suddenly becomes of course people will be willing to work together and sacrifice because the only thing that matters is how many get out. If BHVR even put up win messages at the end ('Survivors Win' - 'Killers Win') it would change things.

    Identifying Weak Survivors: I generally don't consider myself a good killer, but maybe this is the skill I have others don't. It doesn't take me long in a chase to figure out how skilled they are and whether I need to find someone else who is an easier target.

    Slug Camping: Sure, it's late game, but the point is it guarantees the killer that 1 win (maybe it's the first or the third). It's a point of the game where it just stalemates.

    All survivors get better, if they stick with it. I have no idea what level of people you face, but every single person I face can loop me using a straight 4.4 killer for more than the time it would take 5 gens to be done with no perks/items. I've tried this, to be sure. I've tried this way more times than would be reasonable, to be sure. This is what the geometry of this game allows for. Eventually every player can get there, its not a study thing, its a muscle and map memory skill thing.

    Camping is just a bad tactic most of the time. In the end game collapse or if you have the SWF designated runner on the hook and the other three are drunk gen monkeys, it's workable. It happens a lot when I soloQ and it always costs the killer gens, as long as the rest of the solo players just go do the gens. It s very unfun in that situation, but that doesn't mean it really does much for the killer win wise or growth wise. So all around I just see it as a loss, for different reasons for both parties. I do understand that the soloQ on the hook isn't going to see it that way at that time.

    Eventually, there won't usually be a week one, and if he's or she is there, hunting him/her down will cost you time that you don't have. But your point was, if you find the least skilled and work from that one toward the top via tunneling and camping as needed, you can push time onto your side.

    And that's true.

    It was mentioned elsewhere in one of the tunnel/camp/killer players are bad people threads, but there is a huge gap in potential between what 4 good soloQ players will usually do, and what a SWF will do if they feel like it. This is generally why people that spend time playing as a killer don't like what would seem to be generally positive changes that survivors in general and more specifically 4 mean ones at once might abuse.

    And after a week of only soloQ games, I get the motivation to hate tunneling and camping, from that perspective it really seems unneeded and vindictive.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Have you considered to play killer instead?

    Survivors are tunneling Gens. 😥

  • @crogers271 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3335479#Comment_3335479

    Maybe I'm missing something about the mechanics, but that just seems really rare. Was the zone that the killer had to vacate really large? Because I feel like if survivors are around either you will be registered as being in a chase or being outside the zone.

    Or if that doesn't work: Hooks don't progress if a killer is within X meters of the hook UNLESS a survivor is also within Y meters. You could even put a 15 second delay on that so that killers wouldn't know a survivor is close by after a hook.

    -

    Camping seems the most obviously broken things about the game to me and I'm surprised more efforts aren't made to fix it. About a week ago I hit three campers in a single night. In one game players foolishly rushed in immediately, more downs. Game should have been over quick, but killer still refused to leave the camp. In the second, we made two attempts at trying to free the hook, but being we were soloQ we screwed up the timing. In the other game, no one bothered to go for the rescue, we finished the gens easily, and left. All the game were boring and in none of them was I the person camped.

    It's an easy strategy that can be used to be vindictive (if someone outplays the killer guarantee they don't escape) or to try and force a player out early (because frequently the camped survivor will suicide because they have nothing to play for). It's also one of those things that is completely useless against SWF (quick com message is all that's needed to make it irrelevant) and overpowered against soloQ.

    That's the thing let's say we go with that...Killer Hooks a survivor in a area with a lot of hiding spots that are just out of the range to keep the hook timer going.....the Killer may of seen a Survivor nearby but lost them as they are hiding. The Killer won't leave knowing there's somebody nearby. It's a lose lose for the Killer either they stay and hope to find the Survivor hiding but has the hook timer paused or they leave the resume it and the Survivor geta rescued.

    Same thing with being in a chase or not.....there have been plenty of times I was chasing a Survivor but the chase was never activated because of LoS blockers.

    Besides BHVR has said Camping, Tunneling, and Slugging are valid Strats when used normally and they don't want to punish those who use them responsibility with those who use it in a toxic way

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3335490#Comment_3335490

    That's the thing let's say we go with that...Killer Hooks a survivor in a area with a lot of hiding spots that are just out of the range to keep the hook timer going.....the Killer may of seen a Survivor nearby but lost them as they are hiding. The Killer won't leave knowing there's somebody nearby. It's a lose lose for the Killer either they stay and hope to find the Survivor hiding but has the hook timer paused or they leave the resume it and the Survivor geta rescued.

    Same thing with being in a chase or not.....there have been plenty of times I was chasing a Survivor but the chase was never activated because of LoS blockers.

    Besides BHVR has said Camping, Tunneling, and Slugging are valid Strats when used normally and they don't want to punish those who use them responsibility with those who use it in a toxic way

    Which brings me back to the question of how large is the area that is/was considered close to the hook? 6m? 9m? Unless this was some giant radius don't see how it becomes a problem.

    Like say I just hooked someone and I know a survivor is close. Okay I go look for them.

    Let's say I don't find them and look in the wrong direction. They run and get the unhook. No problem, I have a notification, I run back, probably get a hit.

    Two working together? Probably still get a hit.

    The killer in either scenario doesn't have to "leave". They just can't sit right on top of the hook. And even if there are circumstances were it makes sense to be right on top, say as the survivor is about to transition hook states, that's solved by just giving the killer 15 seconds or so that they can be within that radius without it having an impact.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3335246#Comment_3335246

    • No, but it does demonstrate how the game plays in 'perfect' environments. Of course, most SWFs aren't comp, but neither are most killers.
    • Kill rates are thrown off massively by the ridiculous rates of suicide (20% or more games have one).
    • Lower tier killers weren't buffed for years. What makes you think BHVR are going to suddenly buff them now?
    • How do you 'nerf tunneling'?
    • Nurses tunnel more than Blights, and Clowns/PH/Trickster can tunnel harder than either.
    • Here's why it's a problem. I start out, get an early down, hook them. Then I leave the hook. There are 4 Claudettes with similar skins. How do I avoid tunneling?

    I have not seen tunneling nurse in months so I doubt. But I see tunneling blight every day to the point that I expect every blight to tunnel. It surprices me if they don't usually they do it at 5 gens. Trickster usually tunnels too but they're very rare and bad killer so it's more justified. That killer can't win without playing scummy.

    BHVR has said if kill rates drop clearly they buff killers again and they would drop if tunneling was nerfed. I would suggest ds basekit with 80s timer and with the perk it could be 5s stun. It also should disable killer power for 5-10s so blight does not instantly catch you. Survivor should also have 110% movement speed for 20-30s after unhooked.

    They should bring killer buffs in same patch starting with basekit corrupt and grim embrace. Killer should also get 130% movement speed for 20-30s after hooking survivor but it would also get disabled sooner if you hit another survivor or use power because it would be bit too unfair I think.

  • @Deathstroke

    I have not seen tunneling nurse in months so I doubt. 

    I haven't seen as much of her recently, probably because of the nerf.

    BHVR has said if kill rates drop clearly they buff killers again

    BHVR say a lot of things. I prefer to look at what they do.

    I would suggest ds basekit with 80s timer and with the perk it could be 5s stun.

    So long as it completely disables if it's a protection hit...sure? Otherwise this is going to be obnoxious to face as...ugh, the bodyblocks.

    Survivor should also have 110% movement speed for 20-30s after unhooked.

    So...ridiculous speed for an absurd duration, so they can basically sit on a gen in your face and be uncatchable, or just guarantee a bodyblock with your baseline DS?

    Just - no.

    It also should disable killer power for 5-10s so blight does not instantly catch you

    We aren't playing Dead by Dayblight.

    They should bring killer buffs in same patch starting with basekit corrupt and grim embrace.

    Will never happen. Not in a million, billion years. Not a chance. Also - baseline GE would just mean one survivor hiding behind a wall and picking up their item over and over again to avoid crows.

    Killer should also get 130% movement speed for 20-30s after hooking survivor but it would also get disabled sooner if you hit another survivor or use power because it would be bit too unfair I think.

    This all sounds like a mess.

    If I really wanted to 'fix' tunneling:

    • After being unhooked, survivors are invulnerable for 20 seconds (extended by BT and/or OTR).
    • Any conspicuous action ends this effect.
    • Protection hits will end this effect.
    • Being healed to full hp in any manner ends this effect.
    • Toolboxes, medkits and HFSP nerfed.


1 2 ›