Pallet and Vaulting Priority
This has been a pet peeve of mine for a long time now. I've had numerous occasions where I am trying to escape a killer and I'm trying to pull down a pallet, but instead I start to self care or pick up or use an item. The result is obvious. I get hit. Maybe some of those hits would have been ties and I would still end up in the dying state, but I for certain should have been able to use the pallet.
So what I would like to suggest is that whenever multiple actions could be take by a survivor, the priority should always go to the evasive action (pallet or vault). If a survivor is within a meter of a pallet or window then the game should assume that is what the player intended to do.
BTW, this should go for killers as well when it comes to picking up survivors off the ground. If the killer is near a downed survivor then the game should assume the killer wants to pick up the survivor and not vault a window or open a locker. That is super annoying. It isn't as big of an issue for killers since worse case scenario it takes a few extra seconds to pick up that survivor. But it should be addressed.
Comments
I play on the PS4 so a simple solution would be to map using abilities/items to the L2 key so there is no confusion.
If you dont start smashing the button several meters before the actual pallet/vault, then you are completely fine.
I never run into problems like that
What actions are reserved for the L2 key?
NONE! That's the point. There would be no conflict doing this.
The majority of the time that I have this issue is when I stop and wait for the killer at a pallet. I'm not talking about a hasty button mashing scenario. I'm calmly waiting at the pallet and when I go to pull the pallet down, I self care instead and get smacked in the head.
lol, L2 is crouch actually. It is R2 that doesn't do anything for survivors. So map the abilities/items to R2.