What if there was a Sabotage Boon?

An idea I had for a Boon perk would be a Boon that gave survivors within its radius the ability to sabotage a hook without an item, and provides a small (non-stacking) speed boost to sabotaging (probably 20% like Saboteur).

I think something like this could be fun, it could allow for some cool plays.

Comments

  • That kind of boon on small maps like rpd and midwich sounds like nightmare fuel, lol; just put on expo, circle, shadow, and sabotage boon and bully the heck out of those killers. It's a fun idea, but its niche isn't very useful for solo survivors and outright evil with bully squads.

  • I really do love sabotages. I play saboteur. Immediately noticed shadow nerf it got (no aura read when it's you who is being carried - sounds like a nerf to SWF, but in fact it's all-around nerf because I can't plan my unhooking while being carried in next occasion).

    But I still consider this idea bad. Boons have area of effect. Meaning to use it, you need to communicate/coordinate with team. Meaning it would promote taking all the chases to single spot and your team sabotaging all the hooks in the area as soon as that person gets downed. There would be no counter to it but to snuff it and wait it out. Sounds like a really bad design to me.

    On the other hand - within regular play this would make 0 sense, because nobody would die on a correct spot (because boons have such a limited area for this specific usage)