Plague or Wesker?

Hello everyone. I wouldn't say I'm new to killer, but I'm still learning killer. I have about 1k hours, and up till now its been mostly survivor, but survivor has gotten boring, most of my teammates just don't really know how to play so I swapped to killer. I've been enjoying killer a lot more, and found that Nemesis, and huntress are the killers I swap between as main killers, and wanted to add a 3rd killer, but since I'm still learning to killer role I don't wanna add too many killers to my plate that I have to master. So in your opinion which would be a good 3rd killer to swap to plague or wesker?

Comments

  • Try them both on custom match with bots, and see which one fits your playstyle more. But if I had to guess, I'd say Plague is probably more your alley.

  • @Triplehoo said:

    Try them both on custom match with bots, and see which one fits your playstyle more. But if I had to guess, I'd say Plague is probably more your alley.

    Yeah I've been using them in the custom bot matches, they are both really fun so was having a hard time. I was leaning sorta more to plague since she negates medkits basically, and I really hate survivors who bring medkits, and can heal constantly.

  • I've been using them in bot custom matches. They both are really fun, so was having a hard time picking, but I'm leaning more to plague since she can prevent survivors from healing, and using medkits, and survivors with so many items sometimes gives me anxiety.

  • If you're enjoying nemi and huntress and want more of the same I'd go plague. She has a lot of similarities, particularly to nemesis.

    If you want to mix it up wesker will feel like a different playstyle.

    Personally I prefer plague. Infecting gens and vomming a survivor into a one hit is always fun.

  • Plague is definitely more explosive and has higher potential, but Wesker is generally more consistent. Wesker is similar to nemesis as they both come with a good balance of information and chase, Wesker trading off the zombies for map mobility and nemesis' strong late game for being more well-rounded. Plague is probably the most comparable to huntress but might be one of the most unique killers in the game, she's quite difficult because of this and because survivors have a lot of input on what you can do you need to be very adaptive. Plague is potentially the stronger of the two but I would also say is the harder, Wesker is good regardless of how well you play him.

    A bit of advice generally, don't worry about survivor items. A good team with medkits will be a struggle but a bad team with good items is still a bad team. Strong items definitely help survivors but is rarely what loses you a match, they mostly turn close games into hard games but you can do the same with addons.

    General advice for both killers, Wesker's bound is difficult to use and although you can "back bound" people constantly it's worth experimenting with how to use it in loops. Also, avoid addons like unicorn medallion, crank or other addons that change the bound early on, they're good but it'll become a struggle to unlearn them. My advice for starting addons is the leather gloves and maybe the red herbs as this allows you to use your power more and buy you more time to experiment with using it.

    For plague the projectile is very unique, take your time to learn it it's weird. Information perks are very strong on plague so don't just run 4 slowdowns you'll be shooting yourself in the foot. As for addons, I'd say avoid them early on apples do give you more uses of corrupt purge but a large part of plague is learning to play the 1v4 and these addons change that significantly and using addons that change the purge itself obviously will mess up you mechanics long term.

  • Wesker is the better killer at base with the less buggy power. Including add-ons, Plague is better imo (but dedicated servers and her power do not get along). Perk wise, Plague blows Wesker out of the water.

    I don't have much experience playing either (they both frustrate me to no end for different reasons), so I'd say to actually go for Plague. She has the better perks, so levelling her will be beneficial to all of your other killers, and a lot of people will stay forever injured and infected so playing as her will teach you what you need to know about looping, tile spawns, chaining tiles, and shutting down loops, which will not only help your other killers but also your survivor gameplay.

  • Personally I find Plague a lot more fun but Wesker is a lot more popular with the playerbase so I guess he has more general appeal.

    Wesker is more mechanically-difficult when it comes to aiming his power (though Plague's vomit does take time to get used to), but Plague is a lot more difficult in the macro, decision-making aspect of the game.

    As Wesker you're mainly going from chase to chase but as Plague you need to be a lot more aware of who is infected, how infected they are, where your pools are, when should you be focusing on fully infecting people vs when you just want to down and hook them, when to drink your red puke vs focusing more on infecting people. Aura reading is especially useful on Plague because you need to know where everyone is before drinking your red puke.

    That's not to say Wesker is braindead, far from it, I really struggle playing him, but Plague is particularly difficult to get into and I feel that's a big reason she's so rarely played, despite being potentially really strong.

    As far as perks go they're both fairly even, but Plague wins out a little due to Corrupt Intervention still being really strong on certain killers. Dark Devotion is okay but with too short a duration to capitalise on a lot of the time, though Infectious Fright is a solid perk, especially on killers like Oni and Myers who have short durations of being extra-powerful that encourage a little slugging.

    Awakened Awareness is a decent general-purpose aura reading perk but it's outclassed by many others that proc at better times, but it shines in 'backpack' builds alongside Agitation and Starstruck or Mad Grit shenanigens. Superior Anatomy is okay but usually doesn't make enough of a difference to warrant taking it. Only worth it if you're intent on bringing Bamboozle on someone and want to bolster it. Terminus is amazing at countering Adren (when it's working correctly) but is fairly meh outside of that niche. Decent on Plague if you don't like survivors all cleansing at endgame. Adren is a popular, powerful perk though so that's worth noting.

  • Wesker, He chokes people. Some people enjoy this.

    You should give back to the community by choking those people.

    The plague vomits on people, I've never had anyone tell me they enjoyed the experience, and a few have filled negative experience notes over it.

  • @Triplehoo said:

    Try them both on custom match with bots, and see which one fits your playstyle more. But if I had to guess, I'd say Plague is probably more your alley.

    I've been using them in bot custom matches. They both are really fun, so was having a hard time picking, but I'm leaning more to plague since she can prevent survivors from healing, and using medkits, and survivors with so many items sometimes gives me anxiety o.o

  • @Triplehoo said:

    Try them both on custom match with bots, and see which one fits your playstyle more. But if I had to guess, I'd say Plague is probably more your alley.

    I've been using them in bot custom matches. They both are really fun, so was having a hard time picking, but I'm leaning more to plague since she can prevent survivors from healing, and using medkits, and survivors with so many items sometimes gives me anxiety.

  • @NewPlayer100102 said:

    Wesker, He chokes people. Some people enjoy this.

    You should give back to the community by choking those people.

    The plague vomits on people, I've never had anyone tell me they enjoyed the experience, and a few have filled negative experience notes over it.

    Idk. Some people are into that.