Anyone else find DBD gets worse with each new update

I’ve been playing this game for a while now, but every update I’ve noticed I enjoy it less and less as the DBD takes out/changes things players enjoy or need to play the game. When they first updated the wiggle skill check it had so many bugs it wouldn’t even work and now they’re forcing players to use the new wiggle skill check even though most of them prefer the old one?? Not to mention a lot of the killers especially the new killers are extremely overpowered where the survivors aren’t given much of an advantage and it’s not even fun especially when killers can stand over survivors downed bodies they can still bleed out. The other thing I’ve noticed since the new update is that it takes forever to look for a match even though it doesn’t matter the date or time it will always take at least over 15 minutes to load into a lobby. I play both survivor and killer and I noticed that these changes don’t make it fun to play as the killer or the survivor especially when it’s one-sided even playing as a killer is just boring because of how unfair it is and how most of the new updates like the wiggle skill checks don’t even work so it doesn’t make sense. I’m pretty disappointed and I most likely will stop playing because it’s just not fun

anymore and I know the next update it’s gonna be even more screwed up and I don’t really wanna play if it’s gonna be like this. While I am on the topic of what I don’t enjoy about this game I would like to mention the lack of Leon Kennedy costumes every eye other player has tons and tons of cosmetics but with Leon he has maybe two outfits and the other outfits he has are other characters so I paid money for Leon even though he gets nothing so I don’t know what the heck that’s all about.

Comments

  • I wouldn’t consider myself good, and I only play survivor. The thing I noticed the most is the movement speed and ranged abilities the killers get like they already walk pretty quick. For the casual player avoiding certain death alongside all the perks showing exactly where I’m at. It’s kinda tough out here lol

  • When you make the game more balanced for both sides, it starts to remove the fun a bit. But if you make the game fun, you start to remove the balance a bit. Etc.

    Balance can be nice but it's better to make the game enjoyable for everyone than it is to make the game super competitive. I mean, look at VHS, it was designed to be balanced and highly competitive yet it died off pretty early on with most people I know finding it too stressful to play from how competitive it is. MMR just does not fit in DBD in my opinion, the rank system was flawed, but it made matches much more relaxing and less stressful as a result, nobody took ranks seriously.

    Sometimes stuff like this can also be attributed to burnout. Sometimes you need to take a break from the game, because playing it over and over feels boring; but people need to realize that they will never have that burning passion for the game that they had years ago as a result.

  • I genuinely don't know what you're talking about. 15 minute queues? Regardless of side? Are you in a weird region or something?

  • @Josey273764747372662 said:

    I’ve been playing this game for a while now, but every update I’ve noticed I enjoy it less and less as the DBD takes out/changes things players enjoy or need to play the game. When they first updated the wiggle skill check it had so many bugs it wouldn’t even work and now they’re forcing players to use the new wiggle skill check even though most of them prefer the old one?? Not to mention a lot of the killers especially the new killers are extremely overpowered where the survivors aren’t given much of an advantage and it’s not even fun especially when killers can stand over survivors downed bodies they can still bleed out. The other thing I’ve noticed since the new update is that it takes forever to look for a match even though it doesn’t matter the date or time it will always take at least over 15 minutes to load into a lobby. I play both survivor and killer and I noticed that these changes don’t make it fun to play as the killer or the survivor especially when it’s one-sided even playing as a killer is just boring because of how unfair it is and how most of the new updates like the wiggle skill checks don’t even work so it doesn’t make sense. I’m pretty disappointed and I most likely will stop playing because it’s just not fun

    anymore and I know the next update it’s gonna be even more screwed up and I don’t really wanna play if it’s gonna be like this. While I am on the topic of what I don’t enjoy about this game I would like to mention the lack of Leon Kennedy costumes every eye other player has tons and tons of cosmetics but with Leon he has maybe two outfits and the other outfits he has are other characters so I paid money for Leon even though he gets nothing so I don’t know what the heck that’s all about.

    i disagree with you. i like the updates. if i had to play trapper and the base 4 survivors on the same 3 maps for 6 years i wouldn't have. 🤷🏻‍♂️

    the graphical overhaul, the new prestige system, the emblem system, the archive tome challenges, and the new game mechanics (hex, obsession, breakable walls, endgame collapse, dedicated servers, crossplay/cross progression, beginner tutorial, swf) have all made the game a lot more enjoyable. though I have mixed feelings about swf.

    maybe you weren't here back in 2016 so you're not familiar with what the game used to be, but i can tell you that the game has improved.

    as far as the new wiggle mechanic? I prefer it. no more do i have to destroy my controller's analog stick or mash my keyboard to bits trying to do a futile "test your might" challenge against a killer who's probably running iron grasp. Now I can simply press the skill check button as it lines up to prove I'm trying to escape. And it even resets in difficulty when you mess up rather than continuing to become impossible as a way to curb macros designed to metronome tap while still rewarding "skilled" players. as much as i love mortal kombat and occasionally playing test your might minigames i realize there's a level of wear and tear that goes into my peripherals when doing those types of minigames that far outweighs any amount of enjoyment i receive. So having a main gameplay mechanic centered around one seems like a poor choice. not to mention the lack of skill required to macro a "max wiggle" command.

    in the US East servers I get 3 minute to 10 minute queues. and honestly that's only if i'm playing during irregular hours. otherwise it's almost instant into the lobby and the main amount of time is spent waiting on people to ready up.

    to be fair it might just be low player count in your region, your internet stability/speeds, or your hardware being older. Those things make a difference.

    Leon is a licensed character - which means behavior has to negotiate contractual terms with capcom in order to make new content for the character. I, personally, would enjoy having resident evil 6 leon (the older grizzled version), but that would require more negotiations and it would likely take 3rd content pack of about $15 worth of dlc to make it profitable for capcom. unfortunately it's not as simple as slapping more stuff on leon like it is for dbd's original characters. that's something that should be known by now if you've spent any amount of time playing games with guest characters.

    to some extent it sounds like you might be jaded or going through burnout as another poster mentioned. if you're not able to enjoy the game then try a new approach or take a break. dbd might not be around forever though since it's an online only game, but league of legends has 160 characters and has been around for almost 20 years. so there's the possibility 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • Long queues: The LNY event started basically with the update. Maybe you are in an odd region or have crossplay disabled that it takes 15min. I had no problems yesterday. Sure they were longer on survivor than usual but that is not surprising.

    New killers are "op": excuse me? Are we playing the same game? Knight is mediocre at best, Wesker is strong but fun (not op), Dredge is strong in the right hands (not op) and Sadako is meh (without her strongest addons and full condemned playstyle). Which killers are you thinking of and why?

    Wiggle skillchecks: I use them since they were available and I never had significant problems with them. Sure there was the odd DS glitch but else? Are you by any chance on console?

    Leon: never expect licensed characters to get ANY cosmetics.