Anyone Else Have This Issue?

This is a skill issue, well kind of.

Whenever I play Survivor, I can loop the Killer normally when needed, but for some reason as soon as I stop hearing the Heartbeat from the Terror Radius I play significantly worse in a chase.

The Killer can still have the Red Stain (from me having the Oblivious status), and not have it (from the Killer having Undetectable), and either doesnt really affect me, since my main issue is entire around the Heartbeat not being there.

And I know it definitely has to be more psychological than anything else since the Heartbeat in a chase is not really that important, but for some reason it just affects how well I play.

I dont really know how to explain this and I tried my best to explain it, but am I the only person who has this issue?

Comments

  • heartbeat is directional, isn't it? You may not pay attention to it but it does help you discern which direction the killer is coming from. And on low visibility tiles you can also get info from the proximity volume change.

  • @Halloulle said:

    heartbeat is directional, isn't it? You may not pay attention to it but it does help you discern which direction the killer is coming from. And on low visibility tiles you can also get info from the proximity volume change.

    The Heartbeat is non-directional, BUT, the pace and loudness is based on proximity. For me, I dont even use that for information, it's moreso just the existence of the Heartbeat that just helps in chase for some odd reason.

    Part of me thinks it could just be something to do with the old days of Hex: Ruin, Tinkerer, and Pop Goes causing my brain to auto-pilot or something; expecting the Killer to leave me when I dont hear the Heartbeat anymore.