They didn't shake the meta.

Killers still use gen perks and survivors still use Dead hard, Circle of Healing and Prove Thyself. Nothing has changed.

Comments

  • Ruin meta was better than Eruption meta. Change my mind.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Ruin meta was better than Eruption meta. Change my mind.

    Ruin is a hex that can be cleansed super fast? And Eruption devastates solo queue, which is what most survivors are (I love it when I play killer).

  • @Seraphor said:

    Ruin meta was better than Eruption meta. Change my mind.

    Yes at least you could cleanse the totems now I haven't seen a single killer use a totem perk.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3319850#Comment_3319850

    Ruin is a hex that can be cleansed super fast? And Eruption devastates solo queue, which is what most survivors are (I love it when I play killer).

    Ruin got survivors looking for totems. Free slowdown, that prevented survivors just jumping straight into gens. It was the last thing standing in the way of total Boon domination.

    I don't run Eruption, because I want my perks to be more effective against SWF, not less.

  • Except that killers are using different slowdown. Whether that's better or worse, it's clearly a different meta- I don't think we're ever going to see a version of the game where no slowdown perks are meta, so that's not a particularly reasonable expectation.

    It changed less on the survivor side, but there is still more variation than before. Anecdotally, I do see less Dead Hard than before, even if it is still the most common single Exhaustion perk.

  • It's not the same old perks now Pop, Ruin, DS, BT etc. Killers have to kick gen or hook instead of just getting close to a gen for regression with Ruin. And survivors can't abuse DS anymore. Gen regression and anti tunneling perks will always be meta probably but as long as they switch around a bit in how they work and change perks it's better than nothing.

  • @faithfulknight said:

    Killers still use gen perks and survivors still use Dead hard, Circle of Healing and Prove Thyself. Nothing has changed.

    By 'shaking up the meta' they meant 'you will see a wider variety of perks, as a lot more are viable now'.

    That is absolutely true.

    I see a lot wider of a variety on survivor and killer. Before 6.1.0, it was either Ruin+Undying, PR+DMS or Pop.

    Now you'll see Eruption, Surge, PR, Penti, CoB and even the odd Overcharge. Thana was sadly gutted to the point where it's barely worth a slot.

    The regression thing is complicated.

    1. A lot of regression was nerfed, meaning that you sort of want to layer them.
    2. Gen time increase didn't amount to much, as they then decided to pile on faster gen perks.
    3. Killers don't really have many options for universally great perks outside of regression and info. Info gets pretty redundant fast, so...yeah. It's regression or bringing something meh. About the closest thing to a great 'battle' perk is STBFL, and that's not amazing on about half the cast.

    You aren't going to see less regression until killers need less regression, and have better chase perks.

    @jesterkind said:

    Except that killers are using different slowdown. Whether that's better or worse, it's clearly a different meta- I don't think we're ever going to see a version of the game where no slowdown perks are meta, so that's not a particularly reasonable expectation.

    It changed less on the survivor side, but there is still more variation than before. Anecdotally, I do see less Dead Hard than before, even if it is still the most common single Exhaustion perk.

    I'd say there's an even bigger variety on survivor now than killer, because survivor perks tend to have a lot of different flavors. Killers...it's either regression, info or gimmicky stuff like Hubris.

    A big part of this is how bad hexes are in general.