A Few Perk Ideas
I came up with these through the week.
Note: Any numbers are for visualizing the perk and can be changed to be balanced.
High Beams:
When you save a Survivor being carried by using a flashlight, that Survivor's bloodstains, grunts of pain, and scratch marks are suppressed for 5/8/12 seconds. The Killer becomes immune to this effect for 30 seconds after being affected.
Notes: I figured this would be good for people who like to flashlight-save. And it ensures the Killer has to switch targets to someone easier to track.
I also gave the killer immunity to back-to-back triggering due to trolls, bully squads, and chain-blindings.
Entity's Hunger:
If Survivors willingly drop their item, be it dropped or replacing with a new item, that item's durability is slowly drained until it is consumed by the Entity. The effect has a 10/8/4 second delay before starting.
This effect does not trigger if they are forced to drop the item, like from Franklin's.
Notes: Basically, the secondary effect from Franklin's, but the Killer cannot make it directly happen. It does, however, punish the laughably-easy Franklin's counter of 'just put down your item'. Though it requires running 2 Perks (Franklin's AND this) and still requires Survivors to drop their items instead.
Open Wounds:
When a Survivor is hooked for the first time, any healing progress they have from then on out will slowly drain every second they are sprinting while in the Injured state. They lose 3/4/5% healing progress if they perform a rushed vault while in the Injured state.
Notes: It's always driven me nuts that Survivors can take an ace to the spine, get halfway healed, and then sprint away with 0 drawbacks. This perk aims to fix that. if Survivors sprint while Injured and having progress in their Heal bar; it will slowly drain.
Global Notes: For the Killer, I wanted to make perks of passingly-good power to try and break the 'gen regress' meta.
The Survivor one was just because it popped into my head.
Comments
The first one here I like- it's good to embolden the more interactive and 'fun' playstyles, and giving survivors actual benefit for running flashlights makes them less of a signal to teammates that someone's not going to be pulling their weight because they desperately want a cool montage flashy save, lol. I like the cooldown, too, that helps keep it fair.
The second I would like, but I see a problem with it- namely, the RE killers and Pinhead having ways of essentially forcing survivors to drop their items. Maybe that wouldn't end up being a problem in testing, considering you can theoretically just use those straight away and pick up the item again before the effect kicks in, but it is something that I think might cause problems because using those killer items straight away isn't necessarily always possible or the correct play. Worth testing, but could be a concern.
The third, I get what you're saying, but I fear that kind of perk - especially if it's strong enough to see consistent use - is really more going to incentivise hyper-fast healing speeds more than anything else. Maybe if it comes alongside reigning in how bonkers fast heal speeds can get, though at that point it may need a deactivation requirement too.
Interesting ideas, though!
How do you mean, Pinhead can force people to drop items? (I don't have him).
I could have worded it better, but the perk only works if Survivors willingly drop their item, be it just dropping, or from switching to a new item.
Any Killer per or power that knocks the item out of them will not trigger Entity's Hunger. Nor would dropping the item via being Sacrificed. Only Survivors willingly putting down their item will have it consumed. It exists as a perk to counter the 'Just put down your item in a corner!' counters.
Picking up Pinhead's box takes up your item slot, same as the Vaccines and First Aid Sprays for Nemesis and Wesker respectively. So, to a degree, survivors facing those killers will get to a point where they have to lose charges on their items, because interacting with those killer powers requires swapping out their items for a new one.
This is less of a problem for the RE killers since you can just use those straight away and it'll take less than ten seconds, but it's still a concern for all three. Not to say it's unworkable, just a balance concern to be aware of.
Oh dang, I did not think of that at all.
Hmm..I would if coding it to ignore item swaps with killer-power/items would be feasible... Probably not, given those items probably count as normal items.
Easiest fix would be that it does not trigger on item swaps. Still counters the 'Just drop it' counter, even if it cuts down on useability when swapping items.