Survivor Perk Modification

This is just a suggestion, of course, I think that both survivors and killers should have fun, well-balanced perks but since I main survivor here is my suggestions as a survivor main. I'm not trying to make it survivor-sided, etc... just making that clear and these suggestions are from MY observation only. This is not what I think should happen 100% but just putting it out there in hopes that something can be done with perks that are hardly ever used by solo survivors.

As you know, many survivor perks hardly are ever used, sadly. I think they all have the potential to bring something to matches but realistically, they are really bad and aren't any fun to use which is why nobody brings them.

Here are a few perks that should either be erased from the game (because nobody uses them) or should be buffed, reworked, or modified.

  1. THIS IS NOT HAPPENING - I honestly don't see the bigger 30% that we're supposed to get for great skill checks. And yes, I do have a 20/20 vision.
  2. Leader - Should be able to buff oneself as well. Get rid of the effect persisting for 15 seconds after leaving the perk range.
  3. Self-care - This perk is useless b/c new survivors use it as a means of wanting to survive but end up costing the game as I've noticed. Survivors will literally let a generator regress or refuse to do a generator that is 90% completed to just heal themselves. I suggest, instead of being able to heal yourself, it should be used as an injured aura buff kinda like empathy that alerts your teammates that you are injured and the survivor closest to you gets a healing speed buff to the injured who has the perk self-care, allowing them to heal you as a fast rate. Add in a cd or something, I dunno.
  4. We're gonna live forever & Renewal - Should be merged. Nobody runs this perk anymore, unfortunately. Healing someone from the dying state should allow you to heal yourself, like how renewal works. Then, just get rid of renewal. Nobody runs that either.
  5. Left behind & Sole Survivor should be merged. Most of the time, killers look for the hatch and end up closing it.
  6. Up the ante & slippery meat should be merged as one perk since nobody uses these perks.
  7. Pharmacy - Get rid of the buffs it gives but it guarantees a med-kit whether injured or not. Simplify it.
  8. Boil over & flip flop should be merged, then it would actually be useful but a bit too op. I would somehow reduce the recovery to 10%-15%, even 5% would be useful.
  9. Autodidact - It's so bad I wouldn't even know how to fix it. Get rid of it. Nobody uses this.
  10. All of Jane's perks are useless except for Head on but for solo survivors, we don't run that perk since we can never determine where survivors/killers are. Sadly, we never get to use it. I can see its potential in swfs but for solo queues, nobody uses it.
  11. All of Ashley's perk nobody uses. Please do something about it. Perhaps swfs run mettle of man, but I've never seen it being used. PLEASE FIX!
  12. Red Herring - For the love of God, nobody uses this perk, nobody! I suggest allowing you to pick a generator or a locker where you can trigger a loud noise, now THAT would be awesome but increase its cooldown.
  13. Blood pact - At least increase its meters.
  14. Power struggle - No good killer walks through a pallet making it useless.
  15. Smash hit - Nobody uses this. So many other great exhausting perks that make this useless.
  16. Self-preservation - Nobody uses this.
  17. Inner focus & Overzealous - Never seen it used.
  18. Low profile & Reactive healing - Never seen it used.
  19. Kindship - Never see it.
  20. Premonition - Never see it.
  21. Spine chill - Use to be good, but not anymore, sadly.

I've noticed that a lot of these and other perks can just be merged to make it a great perk that solo survivors can or would want to use. You see the same old perks being used like sprint burst, lithe, boon totems, etc. For solo players like myself, we can't get better at the game because we depend on these solid few perks that we're given. Make other perks enjoyable or actually playable so that we can branch out to other perks and/or so we can change our game tactics, instead of having to resort to using the same old perks.

Comments

  • I'll start by saying, just because perks have synergy, doesn't mean they should get merged. Also, remember if we merge (non-general) perks, we would have to replace them with something new.

    1. The change is small, but you can notice it. There is a powercreep this to give you a 1% bonus to hitting greats while injured (something similiar to stake-out)
    2. Why get rid of 15 seconds range thing? Also, no it shouldn't imo.
    3. This wouldn't fix new players thing. They wouldn't repair a generator injured and would wait till someone healed them.
    4. This one could work. It would make both these better, but it would feel VERY bloated.
    5. Probably. Maybe?
    6. Yes, these perks aren't great (mostly because Delivarence exists) but still I feel like this is just killing synergies. The thing that should happen here, is Luck should get buffed.
    7. That's a nerf. Either a revert or a buff to a revert would work, see my suggestion here https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/336993/pharmacy-rework-reworked#latest
    8. Or we could just buff invidual numbers? Still, they would be weak because stronger perks exist
    9. Get rid of the penalty (or make it only on the first skillcheck), give it % increased chance for skillchecks while healing etc.?
    10. "Head On - [Current Effects]. The aura of the locker you're in reveals it's aura to other survivors", there, solo survivor friendly head on. Solidarity should just work with medkits (and show other nearby survivors you have it) and poised could hide everything and have it's duration increased.
    11. They're changing buckle up a bit, I agree MoM could be better
    12. You already can pick a generator. They could give us an option when to exactly pop it, but that still wouldn't make people run it.
    13. Okay.
    14. But if they do, you have a back-up plan.
    15. Because of it's condition on how to activate it. They could just make it work on pallets drops, but maybe then they should decrease it back down to 3 sec.
    16. This should make you totally invisible tbh.
    17. Blame CoH for that mostly. It was used before that. Overzealous is just too risky for ... risky plays. And stealth is neglected nowadays.
    18. Fair
    19. Blame Reassurance for that..... And if other solo survivors knew you had it it would be better.
    20. Spine Chill is and always was better.
    21. It still is but for diffrent reasons.