Residual Manifest rework idea
Hello again besties. So I had an idea about how to rework Residual Manifest to be better as I feel the effect isn't good enough to warrant it being taken at all since I barely see anyone use it. So here is my rework idea.
A lifetime of chasing the darkness has taught you that the best disinfectant is light.
- After successfully blinding the killer suffers from a -7% hindered status effect for 15/20/25 seconds
- If you blind the killer while they are carrying a survivor the killer is stunned for an additional 1 second
- Increase the rate at which the flashlights charges are consumed by 80%
I feel this change is good as it provides a decent buff to flashlights and have a decent downside as you can't use flashlights for too long. It's also countered by Lightborn. But if it's still too strong it could get an additional number change to make it more balanced.
What do you think is this a good rework?
Comments
TBH, I don't think Residual Manifest is a healthy perk to buff. Flashlights are a staple of bully squads, so giving extra power to them is likely to make matches much more miserable. And a 25 second, 7% hindered on killers would be -gruesome-. That's half a minute where the killer -cannot- chase.
The extra stun duration also seems like it could be a bit much.
One possibility I do see for an RM buff is to shift the blindness effect to a more advantageous position. Most killer blinds will happen when the killer is in chase. It's easiest to blind a killer when they break a pallet, after all. But blindness won't hinder them if they're in that close chase, and by the time their aura perks kick in, the blindness has probably already worn off.
So instead, I think RM should become active when you successfully blind the killer, and then when you get hooked, it triggers, afflicting the killer with blindness for 30 seconds.
Flipside is that this might make killers less likely to leave the hook, since they lose their intel options to go after other targets.
ABSOLUTELY NOT.
Flashlight bully squads do not need a buff whatsoever.
I think the perk just needs the duration increased from 30 seconds to 45-60 seconds. The main problem with the perk is that the duration is just short enough that it's unlikely you'll ever block any aura reading.
You could lower the numbers. Maybe -5% for a shorter time. I suggested movement Speed then blindness since it's more impactful.
Just buff the blindness to 60 seconds. It already has niche application to counter aura perks and that’s more than enough
You could also guarntee a better flashlight from a chest
I was thinking of that buff but I'm Mota sure how impactful blindness is for the killer.