Console killer suggestion

I'm very new to the game so maybe it's just me, or there's a solution I haven't figured out yet. However I feel like console killers are going to struggle dealing with the new survivor wiggle mechanic, especially with boil over. Right now there are times where I end up standing completely still because I have to abandon pressing forward on the joystick infavor of holding hard left/right just to counter a single strong wiggle that would lose me a hook. In a narrow place, any movement can be literally impossible as my killer stands perfectly still while I'm fighting the wiggle, trying to take a single step. PC has the advantage of a dedicated forward while also being able to hold A/D to fight against wiggles. It would be nice if console could keybind right and left strafing somewhere in addition to the joystick.

Comments

  • Following a period in BETA, the updated Wiggle system is now standard for all players. Rather than mashing the left and right inputs to Wiggle, it now follows a ping-pong Skill Check system.  

    Based on the feedback we’ve received from players – thank you very much – we have made a few adjustments to the system. 

    • Controller input handling has been improved, which should allow Killers to respond to Wiggling more efficiently while carrying Survivors.
    • Survivors no longer shorten carry time by hitting Great Skill Checks. Instead, Great Skill Checks will increase resistance for the Killer.
    • The size of the Great Skill Check zone has been slightly increased. We’ve also updated the Wiggling sound effects for improved feedback. 
  • Well Seraphor, like I said I'm very new. Less than 50 hours. I don't know if I've experienced the improved controller handling against boil over yet, but I hope not. The reason I say that is because I had a game a little while ago where a Rebecca survivor was completely unhookable with that perk. I downed her 5+ times and some of those times I never made it a single step closer to any hook because all my effort went towards stopping myself from swaying into a corner. Possibly my fault for not yet knowing the counter play on console? I'll keep at it, but it still would be nice to be able to keybind strafing to one of the buttons that don't even get used on a controller otherwise.

    Thanks

  • @ShaidarHaran_ said:

    Well Seraphor, like I said I'm very new. Less than 50 hours. I don't know if I've experienced the improved controller handling against boil over yet, but I hope not. The reason I say that is because I had a game a little while ago where a Rebecca survivor was completely unhookable with that perk. I downed her 5+ times and some of those times I never made it a single step closer to any hook because all my effort went towards stopping myself from swaying into a corner. Possibly my fault for not yet knowing the counter play on console? I'll keep at it, but it still would be nice to be able to keybind strafing to one of the buttons that don't even get used on a controller otherwise.

    Thanks

    Sorry for not clarifying, but no, the changes haven't come into effect yet.

    They come into effect with the new wiggle mechanics that come out in a couple weeks.

    What I'm trying to say is there's no need worrying about what the new changes are going to do, because they've already made steps to help console players in that regard.

  • @Seraphor said:

    Following a period in BETA, the updated Wiggle system is now standard for all players. Rather than mashing the left and right inputs to Wiggle, it now follows a ping-pong Skill Check system.  

    Based on the feedback we’ve received from players – thank you very much – we have made a few adjustments to the system. 

    • Controller input handling has been improved, which should allow Killers to respond to Wiggling more efficiently while carrying Survivors.
    • Survivors no longer shorten carry time by hitting Great Skill Checks. Instead, Great Skill Checks will increase resistance for the Killer.
    • The size of the Great Skill Check zone has been slightly increased. We’ve also updated the Wiggling sound effects for improved feedback. 

    Emphasis on the "should" qualifier in there.

    Too bad there isn't a system for publicly testing significant gameplay changes, before hitting live servers.

  • @ShaidarHaran_ said:

    I'm very new to the game so maybe it's just me, or there's a solution I haven't figured out yet. However I feel like console killers are going to struggle dealing with the new survivor wiggle mechanic, especially with boil over. Right now there are times where I end up standing completely still because I have to abandon pressing forward on the joystick infavor of holding hard left/right just to counter a single strong wiggle that would lose me a hook. In a narrow place, any movement can be literally impossible as my killer stands perfectly still while I'm fighting the wiggle, trying to take a single step. PC has the advantage of a dedicated forward while also being able to hold A/D to fight against wiggles. It would be nice if console could keybind right and left strafing somewhere in addition to the joystick.

    Hmm,

    New to the game but stating that survivors will struggle with the new wiggle mechanic and boil over?

    Makes senseeeeeeeeee

  • @MoNosEmpire said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/360582/console-killer-suggestion

    Hmm,

    New to the game but stating that survivors will struggle with the new wiggle mechanic and boil over?

    Makes senseeeeeeeeee

    Let me guess. You play M&K. Your snark aside, this isn't a "oh golly, I've never seen this before and don't know what to do" issue.


  • @ShaidarHaran_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3316092#Comment_3316092

    Let me guess. You play M&K. Your snark aside, this isn't a "oh golly, I've never seen this before and don't know what to do" issue.

    nope, i play console lol