Reassurance should be “hook state” not “hook instance”

It’s meant to be an anti-camping perk right? So why doesn’t it counter face camping?

the fact that the person being camped has to be unhooked then hooked again to get maximum use out of a supposed “anti camping” perk is absurd

the second the person hits stage 2 on hook you should be able to use it again, only then will it truly counter face camping

Comments

  • It doesn't counter camping because killers complained that if they played into this perk really hard, it could cost them a kill. I doubt it'll ever come back.

  • Agreed. Right now it only really works against light proxy camping, which... is fine, obviously, but I'd love to see it function against proper facecamping too. In the same vein, there's no reason it shouldn't work in shack if the basement is right below you, that'd be another great change.

    @Firellius said:

    It doesn't counter camping because killers complained that if they played into this perk really hard, it could cost them a kill. I doubt it'll ever come back.

    You keep saying that even though I'm pretty sure I've seen you acknowledge the actual reason it got nerfed from PTB, what's up with that? You have to know that's not right, so what gives?

  • @jesterkind said:

    Agreed. Right now it only really works against light proxy camping, which... is fine, obviously, but I'd love to see it function against proper facecamping too. In the same vein, there's no reason it shouldn't work in shack if the basement is right below you, that'd be another great change.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3310622#Comment_3310622

    You keep saying that even though I'm pretty sure I've seen you acknowledge the actual reason it got nerfed from PTB, what's up with that? You have to know that's not right, so what gives?

    I acknowledged that the reason they gave was a problem as well, but I pointed out that the solution they decided on was specifically tailored to remove the perk's ability to reliably and effectively counter camping.

    Keep in mind, they changed it from 'use whenever it's off cooldown', not to 'use once per survivor with the perk' or 'use once per hook state' or any other option that would limit its maximum potential, but to an entirely new, unique use condition that absolutely demolishes its usability, especially in solo queue.

    It's blatantly obvious that the reason they gave is not the reason they actually had in mind since they went above and beyond to nerf this perk from its PTB show. The reason they gave had simpler solutions, but they invested extra time and effort into making the perk worse beyond that.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3310625#Comment_3310625

    I acknowledged that the reason they gave was a problem as well, but I pointed out that the solution they decided on was specifically tailored to remove the perk's ability to reliably and effectively counter camping.

    Keep in mind, they changed it from 'use whenever it's off cooldown', not to 'use once per survivor with the perk' or 'use once per hook state' or any other option that would limit its maximum potential, but to an entirely new, unique use condition that absolutely demolishes its usability, especially in solo queue.

    It's blatantly obvious that the reason they gave is not the reason they actually had in mind since they went above and beyond to nerf this perk from its PTB show. The reason they gave had simpler solutions, but they invested extra time and effort into making the perk worse beyond that.

    Ah, so you're just accusing the devs of lying. That does explain your insistence, I suppose.