"Give Props" report feature

you know what'd be nice to see? If people when they use the report feature to "give props" that you could actually read the message they give.

Whether or not this feature actually does anything I still sometimes use it on people who were really fun to go against, even if I lose against them. If I ever got it in kind I would love to read what people say.

You could make it a toggle at the very least, or maybe in the lobby it could give you a pop-up or some form of notification that you got a "give props" from someone. Who knows, maybe it could even curb bad behavior seeing some kind words after a match you lost.

I'm curious if people think this'd be a good idea.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/359759/give-props-report-feature

    Not a bad idea but the cynic in me thinks people would use it just to write bad stuff.

    I was about to say the same thing.

    People would 'give props' and write insults and threats, effectively bypassing people who have muted the endgame chat & have private profiles.

  • @DeathwingDuck said:

    you know what'd be nice to see? If people when they use the report feature to "give props" that you could actually read the message they give.

    Whether or not this feature actually does anything I still sometimes use it on people who were really fun to go against, even if I lose against them. If I ever got it in kind I would love to read what people say.

    You could make it a toggle at the very least, or maybe in the lobby it could give you a pop-up or some form of notification that you got a "give props" from someone. Who knows, maybe it could even curb bad behavior seeing some kind words after a match you lost.

    I'm curious if people think this'd be a good idea.

    As the others have said, too easy to abuse and another thing the devs would have to police. If we didn't suck as bad as we do it would be nice, but have you met us?

    Also I doubt those of us on console could even see any of that, and even if we did y'all aren't going to stick around 14min while I type out something with my controller 🎮....

  • @Stabby_Widdershins said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3307828#Comment_3307828

    I was about to say the same thing.

    People would 'give props' and write insults and threats, effectively bypassing people who have muted the endgame chat & have private profiles.

    Could add a toggle to turn the notifications on and off, as well as a "block/report" button for this instance. Or maybe make it so if endgame chat is turned off or private profile is on, the message still doesn't send.


    I did actually think prior to posting, this could be a problem, but I figured I'd post anyway. Appreciate the input. As it stands now the ingame report system is worthless. And as far as I know any of those proposed changes I heard about awhile back to give more meaning to the system hasn't actually been implemented yet if it will ever be.