Killers when you cause the game to lag can you tell?
For us survivors it means the pallets don't drop, deadhard will not activate, skill checks timing is all over the place, and we run to a window, pallet, etc it takes one to two seconds to get a prompt to interact with the object. On the killer's side what does this look like for you? Can you tell the game is unplayable for your opponents?
Comments
The hitboxes become jank. You get hits on targets 3 meters away, or people you should have hit magically don't get hit. You can also rubber band so much that chases become impossible.
Every three steps forward you get teleported backwards one step.
You down a survivor and suddenly they're 5 meters away.
It's...not much more playable for us. I tend to play odd hours (I often get in a few games at 3-4am before I start work, and am thus matched with folks from all over).
It's mostly just powers that require good timing and/or aim become unplayable and getting robbed of grabs constantly. Try playing Slinger or Doctor with survivors with high ping and you'll put your head through the screen by the end of it.
The funniest is actually Myers where if there's lag and and server disagreement you can actually stalk people and it will take that stalk away in some cases and trying to 99 your t3 becomes a nightmare. I don't play Ghostface but I imagine they must deal with a similar thing.
I’ve never experienced these thing playing as killer. I typically always have good ping. But on survivor, man it makes you feel robbed at times. Getting hit over pallets you dropped seconds prior… or my personal fav of spinning the killer and he lunges past you but then you get hit while standing behind him. 😂😂
What makes you think that the killer causes those issues? Game is server sided. Not p2p anymore.
I don't understand, most of those things indicate you have bad ping or the server does. Killer isn't host lol
As killer I usually know sth funny is up when a) the pickup and hook animations get stuck / are janky af b) I have to search for downed survs cause they're not where I hit them on my screen.
I don't get the rubberbanding or teleporting as killer. - Though I sometimes get teleporting survs if they have insane ping