@Peanits Just so you know, I got a warning from steam about this? I snagged it way back on the first day, about ten minutes after it went up, and I got this today:
"Dear Steam user,
This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD key."
Is that normal? I'm glad I use steamguard, either way.
@mintchapstick said: @Peanits Just so you know, I got a warning from steam about this? I snagged it way back on the first day, about ten minutes after it went up, and I got this today:
"Dear Steam user,
This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD key."
Is that normal? I'm glad I use steamguard, either way.
Hey, no worries, you're 100% safe.
Basically what happens is that you activated the key first (congratulations), and someone else tried to activate it later. Steam tells them, "Hey, this key was already used. Press this button if you think it was you and you maybe activated it on the wrong account, and we'll send you an email so you know where it went."
They can't do anything from there. It's just to let you know (if you're the one that actually activated it) which account you activated it on.
Thank you for the reassurance! I was a little worried when I googled it, but sometimes googling suspicious emails is like going to WebMD when you have a weird rash.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
HOLLY DAMN I GOT ONE THANK YOU SO MUCH
AND HAPPY ANIVEERSARY MUCH LOVE
Thank you for your generosity as always though!
gg Pea! XD
I will never be lucky enough to catch a giveaway in time
oh my gosh, thank you so much <33
Know the feeling. I'm tempted to buy a steam copy of dead by daylight since it's on super sale for the anniversary.
If i didn't buy the DLC ealier i wouid have got it 20 minutes ago...
But then i wouldn't have LeatherFace so worth it?
Aw, I was too late.
Thanks for the chance anyways, happy anniversary.
thanks for the great time! I congratulate everyone on the birthday DBD
community!
@Peanits Just so you know, I got a warning from steam about this? I snagged it way back on the first day, about ten minutes after it went up, and I got this today:
"Dear Steam user,
This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD key."
Is that normal? I'm glad I use steamguard, either way.
Hey, no worries, you're 100% safe.
Basically what happens is that you activated the key first (congratulations), and someone else tried to activate it later. Steam tells them, "Hey, this key was already used. Press this button if you think it was you and you maybe activated it on the wrong account, and we'll send you an email so you know where it went."
They can't do anything from there. It's just to let you know (if you're the one that actually activated it) which account you activated it on.
@Peanits
Thank you for the reassurance! I was a little worried when I googled it, but sometimes googling suspicious emails is like going to WebMD when you have a weird rash.