Alternative Queuing Option and Other Considerations
I have determined that one of the biggest problems in this game for killers is premade survivor groups. I know when I am fighting them. Some perks don't matter. Coordination is literally 1000% better, and the only way to win is to play as scummy as you possibly can and even then its not a sure thing if they are competent. I have much more fun and even matches with random groups. This may literally ruin the game for me if it keeps up. If half the game is a sort of strange abuse simulator I don't see myself playing it long term despite initial impressions. Despite this I've made it to Irridium II or whatever, but the game is no longer fun. Maybe its week days, in which case I'll just stop playing on week days entirely.
It would be nice if there was 'no pre-made group' public ques that counted just as much as the public ques with pre-made groups.
There is also a tedious tendency to run into people who make a mockery of fair play. I don't mean mean tactics. I mean out and out exploits which ideally should be fixed. A few examples:
*Crawling against a wall as a survivor near a window makes it hard to pick them up if they keep crawling against the wall because the ability to select them or the to vault over the window becomes difficult.
*Spinning on the ground back and forth rapidly seems to also mess up targeting.
Further suggestions include:
*Que by prestige. It is no fun going up against someone with prestige 25+ or especially not 30+. I can beat them but I got to fight ugly and take ever advantage I can which I think is fun for no one. Would be nice if people were sorted by prestige as well as tier of play if possible. (A lot of them also fight ugly and some of my worst experiences in the game were vs what I can only imagine were pre-made groups on voice coms with these veterans. Endless body blocking and flash lighting. Felt more almost more like I was being hunted than the other way around. Often I've been able to turn it around but its not very fun when it feels more like a really strange tag pvp game than a horror game)
*Getting rid of suggestions for how to beat various Killers or randomizing them. When playing as a survivor I notice its always the one you are about to face and this deepens the divide in what I've learned is a strong bias towards the survivors.
I am hoping to get my friend group into this game, and despite that I do think that people should be able to que with the option to only que against solo que. Its just that bad, and I can't recommend the game in good faith with such experiences growing more and more common.
Comments
They'll never punish people for simply wanting to play with their friends by segregation them into their own queue. If you are not having fun as killer, try survivor.
This reads like a typical new player kneejerk post. Know how I can tell? The suggestions for how to play vs. a particular killer only come up the first two (?) Times you play against that particular killer. Come on.
It only gives you tips related to the specific killer the first few times you face them after that you just get generic tips
What they should do is implement an in-game voice chat to level SWF with SoloQ so people stop complaining about how a much needed change in mechanics "would be worst to solo players" and start balancing the game taking in count the 4 survivors can talk and coordinate, because the truth is going against a SWF of more than 2 people is unbearable right now with the current "Gen Rush - WoO pallet to pallet" meta.
Adding in any option to avoid large groups of players in matchmaking won't happen. No killer would ever go up against a premade SWF and sweat if they had the option to check a box to be able to steamroll solos every game. Just like survivors choosing 'not to play against nurse' won't happen either.
Since you seem like a newer player, you can learn some tricks from watching people who stream or make videos on the game. You already appear to be playing survivor some too, which can be a good way to observe how killers deal with certain things.
For example, a downed survivor near a vault window can still be picked up. You don't have to be facing the vault to pick them up, just be standing over them. Most killers will face a wall to avoid flashlights, but you can put your back to the window and pick up the survivor instead.
I'd also recommend just picking one area of the game you want to improve at, and not be as concerned about 'winning'. I practice chasing in my killer games, because I feel like I'm not good at that part. Sometimes I'll chase the 'good survivor' for a while, even knowing it'll cost me the game, because I'll learn something for future games.
They also just added survivor bots to custom games recently. So, as killer, you can play against the ai to learn maps, killer powers, perks, etc. So that might be something to try out as well. There aren't killer bots yet though, so practicing survivor is only against real players in matches.